CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  1:20:31 PM  Show Profile
what 'farm-related' blessings are you grateful for today?

Friday, April 14: for me .. it would be a quiet day here with just me and cabin and creek .. lying on the 'daybed' on our screened porch listening to all the nature sounds. not a car or a human voice to be heard! baking a berry cobbler in my big country kitchen to share with a friend who is coming to dinner tonight. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  1:30:20 PM  Show Profile
Well I'am gratefull that you are having a calm day for a change. FRANNIE. HA.
I'am gratefull that my grandchildren were here all day, no school, because of Easter break, I 'am gratefull that there Mother came to get them. Now I will be gratefull for my time with Richard tonight, a drink and popcorn on the porch, nice dinner and my 710 page book, which I will probably be gratefull for , for sometime to come.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  2:12:33 PM  Show Profile
I,m grateful that we are having nice weather for the Easter break. The nites and mornings are cool here now, but the days have been lovely. Grateful that the cows are starting to dry off, and that makes milking go quicker. :)
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  3:36:45 PM  Show Profile
A husband who came home early this afternoon to spend the afternoon helping me with farm things. My newest obsession - my hoop house. Sunshine! Warm weather. Birds that sang to me all day while I worked. Wild mallards on the pond. Rainbow trout that eat so enthusiastically they make the pond look like it's boiling. Tomato and cucumber seedlings planted in the garden in April in Maine. My girlfriends! The greenhouse that is quickly filling with seedlings. Livestock sleeping peacefully in the pasture under the warm afternoon sun. Turkey eggs. Perennials that are popping up. Looking forward to tomorrow - a rainy day to make seafood chowder and read the last of my class work for the semester.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2006 :  07:17:42 AM  Show Profile
I'm grateful for our first real thunderstorm of the year last night - I was lying in bed in the late evening and heard that first deep rumble and saw a little flash, and soon, little drops pinging on the windows and roof - babe quitely sleeping in the room right next to me and husband downstairs doing whatever... It was so peaceful...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2006 :  11:26:43 AM  Show Profile
I am grateful for the rainy day today so I can get my youngest daughter's Easter dress finished. If it were nice out I wouldn't be able to resist being outside all day like yesterday and would be up until all hours finishing!!
I enjoyed that same thunderstorm as Libbie last night..it was wonderful!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farm Blessings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page