Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'd like to call out maggie14 (Channah)...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'd like to call out maggie14 (Channah)... Next Topic
Page: of 2

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  9:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
.....because ..............

she did something so very sweet and sent me a package without me even realizing she was going to send it to me. It could not have come at a better time. I have been sick and having alot of stress and so forth...and then this beautiful little bundle of Valentine's day love and blessings came out of nowhere. She was so very thoughtful and considerate. It is not every day a 15 year old girl is like this. I've been noticing her postings and thinking what a mature and wonderful young lady she is. If I could vote her "Farmgirl of the month" I would myself.

I've also been remembering how it seems like just yesterday - I was 15 years old. I am exactly a month away from being 30 years old. So this girl sending me this sweet package meant more than she realized. Time flies, and before you know it, you're an adult! I used to have pen pals when I was 15 years old as well. Being 15 was actually a wonderful and great time for me personally. Yes, I went through some angst, and it wasn't easy whatsoever.. but, in retrospect, it was actually very special looking back now. I created a little world in my room of yellow, purple, and green with old books, and a desk with ink pens.. pre-raphaelite pictures on the walls, sheer curtains, and celtic music playing in the back ground... I had my amish dolls in the high winged back chair... and I wrote poetry...and lots of it... with hot tea!

I think I am always trying to capture that little time for me. So, Channah, cherish these times you have now, and always try to be good! Your life will be blessed for it! I see you doing that now, and it will pay off someday, trust me on this... ;) Don't ever lose sight of your dreams!

Now, I will stop making our little farmgirl sister, Channah, blush and get back to our regularly scheduled lives! Thank you for letting me reminisce as well! :D

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

~Hencho for the Heart of Texas Henhouse~

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com
(in construction!)

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  11:49:28 PM  Show Profile
Channah is a sweetie !!!!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  05:02:39 AM  Show Profile
Channah is such a sweetie. =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  05:47:25 AM  Show Profile
Like I said before...what a wonderful place this world would be if more teens were like Channah. She is very special and I would vote her farmgirl of the month also!

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  06:23:06 AM  Show Profile
She's got my vote. =)

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  06:58:37 AM  Show Profile
I have to completely agree!! :)
hugs,
Jess

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  07:35:17 AM  Show Profile
Count me in on that one as well.....I got a little bundle of love as well this week, what a wonderful surprise on a cold drizzly day. Unbeknownst to our little Channah, the words at the top of the note meant so very much, just what I too needed to boost my spirits this week!!! You are loved, our little farmgirl sista.....keep on the path you're on now and you will grow into a beautiful, loving woman!!I hope your parents are as proud of you, as all of us here!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  08:55:05 AM  Show Profile
We love you Channah.

You are one Special Farm girl
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  08:59:26 AM  Show Profile
She sure is a sweetie. Very caring for 15. A very thoughful young farmgirl. I so wish there were more like her. I see all these bad girls on the news and it makes me so sad. But then I come here and see Channah and it makes me have hope.

Lots of hugs, Channah.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  09:07:29 AM  Show Profile
Another vote for Channah!! You are an AWESOME young lady, and I feel privleged
to be counted as one of your friends. Toni
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  09:07:45 AM  Show Profile
I agree. She is such a sweetie.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  09:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh gosh ladies you have me sitting here crying. I don't know what to say. I only did what anyother farmgirl would do. I just wanted to make some people smile because it makes me smile. I am very touched. Thank you all for thinking of me! Sorry I can't type anymore because I can't see. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  10:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I just never new.. I would never guess that I made so many peoples day....... Can you tell I don't know what to say? lol
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  11:07:28 AM  Show Profile
I agree that Channah would be a great pick for farm-girl of the month. She sent me Jane Austin recipes and my husband is also very thank-ful for that.
Channah keep being the girl you are right now and you will be able to accomplish anything you want to. Aim high, your the type of person who will acheive anything you put your mind and heart into.
You make a great farm-girl, an I bet your mom would say you are a great daughter & friend as well. You go girl!!!

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  11:09:02 AM  Show Profile
what a great surprise indeed!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Cowgirl Cocinera
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Dana
Chelsea OK
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  11:29:40 AM  Show Profile
I have to chime in to give Channah a pat on the back. She sent me a birthday card as a surprise with a Valentine card. So thoughtful! Thanks you Channah. Keep up the good work! Dana

Cowgirl cookin' makes you good lookin'
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  12:16:35 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you ladies!!! I'm glad you all liked the things I sent!! It wasn't much but I sent it will all the love and good thoughts in my heart ( I really really mean that)
Hugs,
Channah

Edited by - maggie14 on Feb 13 2010 1:13:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

missgive
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Kim
Blairsville Georgia
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile
Channah,
Here I thought you were an adult - because you act like one so much more than many adults I know! You organized the button swap and I sent mine out today to 21 other ladies (you included) all because of you! You are exceptional - my son goes to a Christian high school, where there are many caring and sensible girls - but we also have some who are spoiled and vain, which always makes me sad. I pray when my son marries, some day way down the road(way down as he is 18 and enters college next Fall)that he meets and falls in love with a wonderful girl with a heart like yours...You give folks hope for the future of our world.
Hugs,
Kim

Kim (aka missgive)
Proud Farmgirl Sister #927
A Farmgirl Sister headed for my mountain home and farm in 2010.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  12:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh thank you Kim. :) gosh, I'm speachless...
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  1:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Brooke, I am glad you liked your package so much! I had so much fun making the things for you!! You are a wonderful and true blue farmgirl!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  1:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Channah is a sweet<3! She has been such an encouraging voice ever since I came here to the MJF chatroom. Keep up the love and kind words Channah. You're a blessing!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  1:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Siobhan!!!

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  3:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Channah... I agree with what the other gals have said up above. I am blessed for knowing you. You remind me of my two daughters! Both are amazing women and am proud of them. You are also an amazing young woman. Be proud of who you are. We all love you because you love us all!

:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  3:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
And, I too thank you, Channah!!!
You are truly a giving, caring and sensitive young woman . . . and show amazing maturity!!!
My daughter and I were talking about you and my daughter's stepdaughter . . . YOU ARE A TRUE TREASURE AND AN ENCOURAGEMENT!!!
Thanks!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  3:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Karrieann and CJ!! All you wonderful ladies have been so so kind to me and made me feel like part of the "Family". I am happy to call you all my farmgirl friends!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  4:20:49 PM  Show Profile
My vote goes to Channah as well.

Channah, I wrote you a thank you note back for the goodies you sent. I hope it gives you a little insight into how special your note and the tea were.

Much farmgirl love to you!

Visit my blog at http://mypointohtwo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'd like to call out maggie14 (Channah)... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page