whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  2:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Do any of you ladies have Hughes net? if you do, how do you like it? Or can you make another suggestion of satalite service. We have dial up and the only other option is satalite.

"It's not what I do, but how I do it!"~Mae West~

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  3:08:30 PM  Show Profile
I have Hughes Net no complaints. Runs kinda slow when we have fog. I went ahead and had them WI Fi the whole house so that is kinda neet If you can direct pay it is $5.00 less every month. I have no other choise in my area though. They are one of the most expensive. I chose the midline speed they have one that faster and though I have lived with dial up this should be great and it is.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  7:44:33 PM  Show Profile
I have Wild Blue satellite. It was less expensive than Hughes at the time. We have no cabler here and dial up was just awful. So I learned after using a computer elsewhere. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Feb 07 2010 7:45:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  03:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
We have Wild Blue and I have been VERY happy with them. The neighbor has Hughes Net and he has been having quite a bit of trouble with it.

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  07:41:05 AM  Show Profile
We have had HughesNet for about two years and half the time, we can't get online. Two weeks ago, we have them come and install a different piece of equipment -- not the whole satellite dish, something else -- and it hasn't helped. We had to pay $125 for this "upgrade." It's easy to go over your allotted download time if you ever download a TV show or movie, because it take forever. Something that would take me 5 minutes with the Comcast cable DSL setup in my town office will go on for two days here at home, and usually it stalls halfway through. It's very frustrating. There is no alternative service around here, though, and we're not willing to go back to the inconvenience of dialup. Makes me long for pre-Internet days. NOT! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  3:06:36 PM  Show Profile
We have Wildblue and love it. Would love to have DSL, however, we won't ever see cable out this far so satellite is the next best thing. I agree with Rosemary, you need to watch your downloads etc, if you are planning on using it for music and movies. Otherwise, no problems at all.

Joanna #566
JojoNH

http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hughes Net Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page