traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  1:23:59 PM  Show Profile
What do you all take for a daily vitamin? Are there good organic brands out there? What do you recommend?

I took Vemma from New Vision for a few years. It's a liquid supplement with mangosteen. Anyway, financially I had to stop receiving it and am looking for a decent (health-wise) and inexpensive alternative.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  06:32:05 AM  Show Profile
I use Andrew Lessmans vitamins. They are not organic, but they wonderful. He uses no binders or fillers and all his suppliments are powders in capsules rather thana hard tablet.
You can find them on the shopping channel HSN or on his site www.procapslabs.com

Caron

Happy Farmgirl Sister #254

"An Apron:Its strings gently tug at us, tenderly, softly calling us to turn back to the old ways".-Above Rubies Magazine
Go to Top of Page

kluckingbear
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Tabitha
Ellensburg WA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  10:07:16 PM  Show Profile
I have a BS in dietetics and I just don't do vitamins. Any of the water soluble ones are just gonna end up in your urine anyway. I think the best way to get the nutrients you need is to eat a healthy diet that includes a wide variety of foods. Eating less processed foods helps too. Processing using ends up in the removal of vitamins so the product will be more shelf stable.

~Come visit me at my windy little blog www.windsewn.blogspot.com ~
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  06:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Right on Tabitha. A few years ago I thought well I am getting older maybe it is time I took vitamins.--I never have all my life. So I went to the health store and purchased some good ones for women. I was so sick after taking them I decided 'no way' I am healthy without them so I guess my body was telling me I was OK. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  8:50:38 PM  Show Profile
I take Curves Bio Multiple Time-Released.
Go to Top of Page

theprimitivepilgrim
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Michelle
Baggs Wyoming
USA
217 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  9:42:13 PM  Show Profile
Just purchased a Vitamix machine, and had my first green smoothie. My first attempt was stricktly greens, and it really tasted like lawn clippings. Then bought a recipe book and tried a kale/mango blend, and really liked it, and I'm feeling great. More energy than with my vitamins. I take New Chapter organic vitamins for women. They are good, but I can notice a big difference between the vitamins, and the smoothies.

~Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  01:36:07 AM  Show Profile
I also stared juicing and love it. I just don't like washing up the parts of the juicer. My favorite is apple, carrot, cuke, and lemon. I know the greens are the best, but I don't like the green taste.
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  06:35:36 AM  Show Profile
I have had my Vitamix a month or so, and love juicing. The website, I think it is the green goddess, has some neat recipies. I take some flax every day, but no other vitimans. I can never figure out what is really in them, I just try to eat healthy.

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  06:37:30 AM  Show Profile
That last post did not sound right, I take the flax for the Omegas, it isn't a vitamin. I also love adding celery to the smoothies, I was surprised at how good it was.

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  7:36:25 PM  Show Profile
I am diabetic and I take a otc vitamin packet for Diabetics. It includes some cinnamon. I am trying to eat more fruits and vegetables, though. I was thinking about getting a juicer but since I am diabetic it is better that I eat whole fruits and vegs. I do make fruit smoothies with my blender occasionally. I put flax seed in them sometimes.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  5:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Well right now I'm using pre-natal vitamins but usually I get Quest multi-vitamins and I take a Salmon oil supplement as well.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  05:41:47 AM  Show Profile
It seems to me that whenever I decide to take vitamins, that after a few weeks my legs ache. Don't think its in my head because it had happened several times.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Daily Vitamins Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page