Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Farmgirl Philanthropy 1st Quarter 2010
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Farmgirl Philanthropy 1st Quarter 2010 Next Topic  

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  8:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Project Linus has been chosen as the 1st quarter recipient of some Farmgirl love. Anyone want to jump in and help out? Here's their mission:

First, it is our mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”

Second, it is our mission to provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children.

Here's what they need:
Become a “Blanketeer”
Our volunteers, known as “blanketeers,” provide new, handmade, washable blankets to be given as gifts to seriously ill and traumatized children, ages 0-18. It is Project Linus’ policy to accept blankets of all sizes, depending on local chapter needs. All blanket styles are welcome, including quilts, tied comforters, fleece blankets, crocheted or knitted afghans, and receiving blankets in child-friendly colors. Always remember that blankets must be homemade, washable, free of pins, and come from smoke-free environments due to allergy reasons.

You may donate the blankets locally or send them to me to be photographed as a group and delivered.

Please reply to the post of same title in the Farmgirl Chapter Chatter section if you plan to help us out!

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong

Edited by - TheresaB on Feb 02 2010 8:37:16 PM

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  06:44:58 AM  Show Profile
In April, my local fabric store is having a Blanket Bee for Project Linus. I'm inviting my farmgirl chapter to join me there for a day of helping (and fun too).

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  4:24:07 PM  Show Profile
That is great!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Farmgirl Philanthropy 1st Quarter 2010 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page