Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Books
 Book Ideas
 Help MaryJane! Have eReader & want 2 download MJB
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Book Ideas: Previous Topic Help MaryJane! Have eReader & want 2 download MJB Next Topic  

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  7:32:03 PM  Show Profile
I received a Nook, Barnes and Noble's eReader, for Christmas from my father and I love it. I tried to buy the farmgirl lifebook for it but it is not available for digital download. After enquiring of Barnes and Noble I was told it was up to the publisher (but I think the author has much sway too). (For the record, I do not know about Amazon since I do not have a kindle...) So, I want to request that MaryJane's current publications, 3 Books and Magazine, and any up-coming publications be offered for sale via digital download as well as hard copy. The nook offers digital downloads of magazine subscriptions for a very few magazine titles currently but the list is growing... I tell everyone that the farmgirl lifebook is one of my all time favorite books and it would be nice to have this essential book on my nook.
Thanks for even considering this!
fondly, Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  7:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't know about an e version of the book, but I do know that www.audible.com has the Lifebook on Audiobook and MaryJane reads it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  08:37:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh Yeah, Alee, Now you are thinkin'! I own that already and listen to it in the car ALL the time! MaryJane is my constant friend on the road. However, I will look into the mp3 capabilities of my nook -something I had not thought about. BUT, I still want to READ the whole book on my nook if possible since the audio book is abridged...

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  08:18:43 AM  Show Profile
I too received a NOOK for Christmas... What a treat it would be to be able to download any of MaryJane Farms to it.
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  2:17:39 PM  Show Profile
Theresa, don't you love your Nook? Have you found nooktalk.net yet? also, there are free and/or for sale ebooks available from netlibrary (you do need a library card for this one...), kobobooks.com, fictionwise.com
Cheers, Karen

happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  2:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Just saw your message. No I haven't found Nooktalk.net. Am headed that way as soon as I finish is post. I do love the Free Nookbook Fridays from Barnes and Noble. Thanks for the heads up.

The road to success is not straight. There is a curb called Failure, a loop called Confusion; speed bumps called Friends; red lights called Enemies;caution lights called Family. You will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination; an engine called Perseverance; insurance called Faith, and a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success!! Or as my Grandpa use to say "There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it"

Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  12:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Karen made the comment that the audio version is abridged and I thought I would just add that basically any non-fiction book will be considered abridged because they cannot include the pictures that you will usually find in a non-fiction book, thus the reason for saying it's abridged because that content was "left" out. Otherwise, non-fiction books in audio format still include all the written format of the book.

Just an FYI I learned from my audio tape supplier for my library

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey

Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic Help MaryJane! Have eReader & want 2 download MJB Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page