Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Are there any other farmgirls...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are there any other farmgirls... Next Topic  

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  7:08:01 PM  Show Profile
Who are planning a wedding?? If so, I'd love to hear about your ideas! I'm one month into planning mine, and it's so much fun!! Or, for the married gals...if there is ONE thing you could do DIFFERENT about the wedding planning process, what would it be?? What would you prioritize differently?? :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
I'm engaged! Follow my wedding planning and sentimental musings at:
www.justinandjodiforever.blogspot.com

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1705 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1705 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  8:06:06 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Jodi,
Good for you. Both of my daughters got married about 2 years apart and between both of my daughters we planned their weddings. I made everything for my girls weddings. From the bridal gowns to the theme and colors and made all the flowers for bridesmaids, grooom and groomsmen, parents, etc. even did the food ourselves. I do cakes so I also did all the cakes. The girls and I started planning for their weddings about 10 months after they set the date. It was so fun and really stress free because you did it yourself. So you know it was going to be fine and right. Many many moons ago I even did my own wedding so it was basically stress free with that and my mom also helped me too. You'll always will remember how you planned your wedding and how fun it will be. Good luck and best wishes.
Hugs,
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  08:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jodi, I'm not plaining a wedding ( I don't think my parents would be very happy if I marriend at 15) but I just wanted to say Congratulations dear friend!!! I wish you all the best and hope you have a very happy life with him!!! He's a lucky man to marry my best friend!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  08:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Weddings are fun! I will be celebrating 16 years on Friday. I had to much unsolicated help with my wedding. Make sure you get what you and your furture husband want, make it your own. Later, when you least expect it, things can rear their ugly heads. I didn't get to pick out anything but my cake and it was a sore spot down the road. The Dollar Tree has great stuff online as does Oriental Trading. Target has really nice stuff as too.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  09:01:56 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, My son & his GF are planning their wedding for 7-18-10 and 3 friends have children planning theirs so it will be busy for all. One thing that my future DIL did for me when I got married 4 yrs ago was to make a scrapbook for me. It was and still is the best gift I have ever recieved. I show it off more than the actual wedding album that my friend who is professional did for us. I would suggest start taking pictures of picking out the dresses, fittings, party's ect and do it scrapebook style you will treasure it for years. Best wishes to you!!

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  11:33:24 AM  Show Profile
I got married 3 years ago, and I must say....don't sweat it. There will be things that happen...and you can not control, laugh about and know, that is what makes it YOUR day. So I would say prioritize your stress level..don't let it exists. This was my 2nd marriage and there was no stress this time, I didn't let it happen. Things were so much nicer!

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Has life got you down?...Look Up!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  12:42:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, ladies! :) I am excited. :) Diane, your idea to take pics of trying on dresses and other steps along the way to put into a scrapbook is wonderful! I'm going to keep that one in mind! Laurie, how I wish I could sew well enough to make all the dresses...I really, REALLY wanted to at least make my own dress, but that would be a project on a scale above and beyond my abilities. I AM going to make a lot of the other 'odds & ends'...the guestbook, invitations, floral stuff, etc, etc. I made my engagement announcements, and it was SO much fun. :) Channah, dear, you are the sweetest girl...thank you for your kind words...and fyi, less than a year after the wedding we'll probably be moving to Seattle...so not too far from you!! Perhaps we'll have to find a cute tea shoppe or something, and have some farmgirl chatter time. :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
I'm engaged! Follow my wedding planning and sentimental musings at:
www.justinandjodiforever.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  12:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would love that Jodi!!!! How fun!!! Maybe we could meet half way or something. It would be fun!!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  2:14:50 PM  Show Profile
Jodi, congratulations!! I am so happy for you. The only advice I give to you is be sure the most important thing is always the marriage and not just the wedding. If you keep your love for each other priority number one, then everything else will fall in place. It doesn't matter what kind of wedding you and your husband to be decide on, just make it about you two, your love and your committment to each other. It will be the most wonderful wedding.

HUgs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

rschaaf
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Renee
Wooster Ohio
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  7:54:36 PM  Show Profile
Jodi, When it comes to the wedding it doesn't matter if you spend $1,000.00 or $10,000.00, you're still just as married at the end of the day.

"There is beauty, there is grace, in my peaceful country place!"

See what I'm up to at: http://www.lifeonctfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  7:58:30 PM  Show Profile
we have a 1000.00 budget and are getting married in oct. its making the planning hard. and we are trying to do it simple, if you want talk and bounce ideas let me know. good luck.

Karen ^_^

www.miss2missus.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  03:18:39 AM  Show Profile
If you have the fundage, I suggest a wedding coordinator!

Takes a load off everybody and they get PAID to deal with all the unexpected

would have had one for mine, but she had just been married hersilf and was on her honeymoon. It would have spared my mom a lot of stress
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are there any other farmgirls... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page