Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Y'all have made me a believer...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Y'all have made me a believer... Next Topic  

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  6:16:19 PM  Show Profile
In the Fly Lady.

I heard the name in passing many times...and laughed. I KNOW how to keep my house clean, I told myself... I just have to do it...

Weeell...I got bored last Sunday...meandered over here and looked at the thread on clutter and what not...saw the name mentioned again...and decided to look at her website.

*cough* My sink has been consistently shiny for 8 days now.......................... and my fiance' is starting to give me weird looks as I obsessively wipe it out after with a towel after use...

I told him about identifying "hot spots" in the house -- places clutter collects. He immediately started laughing uncontrollably and swept his arm in a wide motion to indicate that the ENTIRE room fell into that category. After I glared at him for a second, I told him the treadle machine and the kitchen table are to not have even a stray speck of dust on them from here out...

And THUS...one small step at a time...I am regaining control of my house. Or it's nice to think I am. ;p

But it's really bringing out my OCD tendencies... I about had a stroke mid-week last week when I saw a FINGER PRINT on the rim of the sink. Sad, considering the way it looked BEFORE I 'met' the Fly Lady...

LOL

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
I'm engaged! Follow my wedding planning and sentimental musings at:
www.justinandjodiforever.blogspot.com

Edited by - Prairie Princess on Feb 01 2010 10:05:50 PM

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  6:29:45 PM  Show Profile
I hear ya, Jodi!!! MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  9:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
ha ha i am right there with you!

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

Check out my ETSY store too! I'm loving it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Claudiascraftshop
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Y'all have made me a believer... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page