Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Going pregnancy bonkers!!! personal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Going pregnancy bonkers!!! personal Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  8:08:04 PM  Show Profile
I have been having contractions for 7 weeks now as most of you ladies know from the prayer requests and whatnot. The drs got it under control for the most part and was able to get rid of them when they put me on meds to clear up a UTI.
Well, here I am coming up to the end of my 39 weeks and the contractions are enough to make me want to throw up, but the midwife won't send me in for my csection. :( It is scheduled for next Tuesday, but they are getting really painful and I dont understand it.Whenever I have a contraction my stretch marks are starting to burn.
Last time I went in and even though the contractions were there (not as painful) she said I hadn't dialated and as far as she could see everything else was fine and to come back in a week.
I just don't know what to do about the whole thing. Do I sit and wait until the 2nd and hope that life will go on around me and throw up most times I have a contraction or do I demand action NOW, knowing it will probably be ignored.
I am usually a pretty tolerate person when it comes to pain, but this is just too much. My mind isn't handling it well.

help!!
hugs,
Jess

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  8:24:58 PM  Show Profile
I always have to remind myself of this. You are in all way shape and form their boss. Some how or another you are paying them for a service and right now you are not liking the service. Speak up tell them that it is not right and tell them to do something. I really think that we are intimadated (sp) and we don't speak up. I know that every baby is different but you know that this is not right.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  8:27:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Diana. I have never had such a hard time with a midwife/dr in pregnancy before. It makes me so mad and I gotta tell you, if one more person says its better that he stay in there an bake, I might just have an apoplexy!
Craziness!! lol
hugs,
Jess

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  06:06:06 AM  Show Profile
Are you drinking enough water? Hydration makes a huge diffrence with those pesky Braxton Hicks contraction, the type that are painful but not changing your cervix. Call and really let her know how uncomfortable they are. Mostly, if those contractons are not changing your cervix there isn't much they will do. Can you ask for something like Visteral to relax you? Good luck, and drink, drink, drink, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  06:43:23 AM  Show Profile
If you are scheduled for a c-section there must be Dr.'s involved. Go and see a Dr. and get his opinion on this, if you are in that much pain you are probably ready to go. If you are having a section I assune you can't have this baby any other way. So you may not dilate anyway. I always feel if you are not comfortable or satisfied with a Dr. or midwife or anyone go and get a second or third opinion. Good luck to you honey. I hope this is over for you soon.

hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  06:43:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Carol. I wondered about that too. I've been drinking quite a bit, but still....
Thanks girls!
hugs,
Jessie

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  07:47:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jessie,
I hope you can work it out with your caregivers. Maybe have a heart to heart talk with your midwife, and consdier changing providers since it will be an MD who does the c- section anyway.
When I have had moms who are uncomfortable with contractions, I've used
Homepathic mag phos 30 c use as directed
1000 mg calcium with 500 mg magnesium- as often as needed ( comes combined in one pill)
Emergen- C packets to help with hydration
Red Raspberry leaf tea
Taking a "hot" bath ( 100 degrees) or hot shower
Getting a massage
Going on a long walk- takes your mind off it, fresh air is good.
Swimming
A nice romantic dinner with hubby is good, too.
Sometimes, nothing really helps, and the woman just says OK- throws hands in air!
I hope you meet you baby very soon!
~Mary LD
Change activites. If the contractions come when you are walking rest, and vice versa. This does not work when the contractions come no matter what!

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  08:41:01 AM  Show Profile
Don't take any chances. The pains should not be that bad. If you are having a c-section go see the Dr. that is doing the c-section. I had problems with my first pregnancies and my three daughters were born by c-section at 36 weeks and they were and are all great. They were planned c-sections and they were planned for 36 weeks on purpose. Go see your Dr.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  10:38:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh I am so sorry this has been so hard for you. I saw on another post that you were having your baby I think yesterday so I hope all is well and that you can finally rest without pain. I can't imagine having contractions for so long. Hope you have a beautiful and healthy baby in your arms and no more pain.

barnagainkristin

"Others Before Self"
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  12:14:53 PM  Show Profile
OH! JESS! My heart goes out to you, and I thought I have it bad with a cold....

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~~**Terri**~~~

http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com http://frocksfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
http://blogonthefarmandgarden.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Going pregnancy bonkers!!! personal Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page