Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Anyone for a tea towel swap?~UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Anyone for a tea towel swap?~UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 5

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  7:36:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! :)
Just wanted to remind you that your mail by date for this swap was Feburary 21st. Hoping to see what wonderful tea towels you all recieve and that you all are having fun with it.

P.S. If you have not mailed your tea towel yet, please make sure that you have emailed your partner to let her know what's going on with you. :D

THANKS <3

I think maybe it is too late for a Valentines Tea Towel Swap what with it being 3 weeks away, but how about a Spring or St. Patrick's Day swap?

Here's how it works. You sign up here. I will close sign ups on Jan 30th and post partners as we go. That gives a week to get all signed up. Then you must mail by February 21st.
After I post the partners, it is up to you and your partner which type of tea towel you want to do. Please contact one another to exchange your information.

I know there have been some troubles in the past with not following through, but I know that all of your ladies who sign up will hold up your end of the swap. :)

Looking forward to hearing and seeing about your beautiful tea towels! :D

hugs
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Edited by - Sitnalta on Feb 22 2010 11:23:17 AM

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  7:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jessie, I like the idea. Do you mean we should embelish or hand make it? The due date is my birthday....so it would be a great gift for me.
I'll join...just let me know more details.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones! www.tut.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  7:44:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda,
How I've always done it, is that you embroider on them or decorate them according to whatever theme. I usually hand embroider mine as that is what I have the most fun doing. I have had girls who've swapped ironed on a pretty pattern and then embroidered highlights around it. One girl made a button flower bouquet. Tea towels are mostly for decoration so you really could do anything to decorate them. :)
I like using flour sack towels, but have also used 100% cotton ones for my more intricate projects. :)
Does that help at all?

Looking forward to swapping it all up,
hugs,
Jess

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  7:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Yes, that's what I was thinking. It would be fun....I'll keep watching for ideas.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones! www.tut.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  08:32:52 AM  Show Profile
Jessie I would love to join.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Jan 25 2010 09:45:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  09:50:14 AM  Show Profile
Okay great, Diana! You and Linda will be partners. :D
Please email one another with your preferences whether you'd like Spring or St. Patrick's Day and your information. :D

hugs,
Jessie

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  09:50:24 AM  Show Profile
Just a reminder ... I have flour sack towels for sale. They are dishtowel size but can be split in two for tea towels. Farmgirl price: $4 a pair includes shipping if you pay by check, cash or money order ~ PLEASE NO PAYPAL. Description is available on my bobbinrobin etsy site.

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com

Edited by - bobbinrobin on Jan 26 2010 07:55:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  09:54:20 AM  Show Profile
I would love to do this. Will email you my address, Thanks Robin

Oh happy day!
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  10:07:20 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like a fun project and swap... please sign me up
:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  10:13:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Robin and Karrieann,
You ladies will be partners. :) Make sure to email one another! What fun! :)
hugs,
Jessie

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  1:12:03 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I'm in!
I've learned something already- I did not know that tea towels were smaller than dish towels.
Are there guidelines?
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  1:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mary,
There aren't really too many guidelines beyond those listed above. You embellish your tea towel however you'd like according to your partners preference of Spring or St. Patrick's Day.
Mail by date is February 21st.
There are so many ways to embellish them: buttons, embroidery, fabric paints; whatever you think your partner might like.
I will post your partner with the next person to join in and you can email each other for theme preference and addresses. :)
hugs,
Jessie

Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  4:31:40 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I would love to do this. Please add me to the list.

www.muckingbootsandmagic.blogspot.com

www.meadowcrone.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  4:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Glad you are joining us Bernadine!
You and Mary will be partnered up. Please email one another and exchange preferences and information. :)
hugs,
Jessie

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  4:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It sounds like a lot of fun! but sadly I don't know how to embroider. I hope you all have fun!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  5:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Channah-- it needn't be just embroidered. It could be n e thing really. Appliqued, fabric painted or whatever sort of embellishment you'd like. :)

hugs,
jess

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  6:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
is there a place where you can get ideas?
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  6:16:00 PM  Show Profile
hmm..Im not sure..lemme look around and see what I can find to help ya out. Really if you can imagine it, you can put it on a tea towel..hehe
hugs,
Jess

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  6:25:06 PM  Show Profile
If you look at this site, there are a couple of different suggestion in the links below the picture. Really though, its just up to your imagination. :)
hugs
Jess

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  6:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Jessie... what site? (scratches my forehead)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  7:00:09 PM  Show Profile
oh shoot..lol I forgot to post the link. I do that almost everytime...sorry..lol
dont forget to look at the links below. there are only a couple of ideas but really you can do anything. My fav is to use coloring book pages, trace them onto my towel and embroider them. You could color them in with fabric paints or even crayons and then heat set it. You could use beadwork or ribbons, buttons. The sky is the limit. Just try to keep in mind the Spring or St Patricks Day theme that your partner chose. :D

http://www.casasugar.com/6662054

hugs
Jess

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  7:52:08 PM  Show Profile
...thought I share some possible ideas (sites)

~ crocheted edge for tea towels: http://stampinspots.blogspot.com/2007/05/wips-vintage-look-floursack-dishtowels.html

~ rick rack trim(s): http://homespunliving.blogspot.com/2007/08/tea-towel-for-camper.html

~ trims: http://sweetbe.blogspot.com/2007/11/tea-towel-make-over.html

~ interesting read: http://www.etsy.com/storque/spotlight/stylish-tea-towels-become-a-collector-3434/

~ Quilt style edge: http://sew4home.com/projects/kitchen-linens/411-citrus-holiday-quick-patchwork-trim-tea-towels

..hope these may give any some creative ideas! Creativity is unlimited!

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  7:54:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Karrieann. I was having a terrible time finding links. I knew what I wanted, but couldn't find it. Dontcha hate when that happens. ;)
Thanks for sharing!
hugs,
Jess

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  7:58:12 PM  Show Profile
:o) I hear ya Sista!

heehee hee.. it is all in the matter of finding the right "keyword" I had trouble too!

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  06:38:41 AM  Show Profile
Karrieann ~ Great posts. Thanx for all the cool ideas

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewlazie
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Nell
Kinder Louisiana
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  07:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Send sewlazie a Yahoo! Message
Would it be okay if the embroidery wasn't by hand? I have an embroidery machine and I would love to join in.
Thanks, Nell

One stitch at a time, one day I may finish.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Anyone for a tea towel swap?~UPDATE Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page