Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  7:26:55 PM  Show Profile
There is a game going on over at Facebook and I thought it would be fun to find out about it here too.
If you could relate yourself to one Fictional (not real) character, and they could be anyone, who would you say you are most like??

After much thought, I decided I would be Merriweather from Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Apart from our similar eating habits, I see her desire to keep what she knows to get her through life rather than choosing the harder ways of life though they might be better. Not the best aspect of my character and definitely a flaw I need to work on, but she is my fictional counterpart...lol
Now, How about you?

hugs
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3327 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3327 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  8:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Scout Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird...her Christian name is Jean Louise Finch.

I can totally relate to her...she is fearless, compassionate, curious, speaks her mind and she adores her father, Atticus.

Here is an excerpt from the book:

---Maycomb was a tired old town, even in 1932 when I first knew it. Somehow, it was hotter then. Men's stiff collars wilted by nine in the morning; ladies bathed before noon, after their 3 o'clock naps, and by nightfall were like soft teacakes with frosting from sweating and sweet talcum. The day was twenty-four hours long, but it seemed longer. There was no hurry, for there was nowhere to go and nothing to buy... and no money to buy it with. Although Maycomb County had recently been told that it had nothing to fear but fear itself... That summer, I was six years old---

Melody
Farm girl #525
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  8:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I think I could relate to Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea .... I really need to revisit those books again.
I adored them... and I have been looking for the Raspberry Cordial recipe. I used to have it!

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

~Hencho for the Heart of Texas Henhouse~

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com
(in construction!)

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  9:12:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm fascinated with medieval times, so I'd choose either Maid Marian or Lady Guinevere. Were they real or were they fiction? I'm not sure, but they must have led interesting lives.

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  06:38:29 AM  Show Profile
I think I could identify with Ma, Carolyn, from Little House on the Prairie. She was a hard worker,a good cook, loved her children, had a few extra specail items and moved alot. In those early days it must have been so hard moving from one place to another, and the long long trip to the next place. I have been married 32 years and have moved 27 times. I have been blessed now to stay in one place for the last 12 years. I wear an apron every day and enjoy the basics. But also the inner strength it takes to make a new home seem like home.
Sheri
God is good all the time!

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Jan 25 2010 06:41:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  07:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
On Face book, I chose Velma off Scooby doo... LOL I just figure that life is a mystery that I need to solve... :)

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic you and your character Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page