Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Owners of White brand (or others) treadles...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Owners of White brand (or others) treadles... Next Topic  

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  3:10:34 PM  Show Profile
...check this out for me :) I have been looking for a treadle ever since reading the "I Think my Treadle's Sexy" article in the latest issue.

I found one recently that I think is a gem, but I have never cleaned one up and got it in working order before. This one has been used as a piece of furniture *gasps* for who knows how many years and I am thinking about snatching it up for the $50 the lady is asking, but I wanted to see if you all could look at the pictures and tell if there's anything wrong that I'm going to find other than a new belt and some good ol' TLC (it's quite sad looking with all the dust and rust - is that repairable?).

So, here are the pics. I'm not sure the exact year of the machine, but I know it is before 1911 which is the last patent on it. Also, it has an earlier cabinet (which I think is so beautiful) than the typical twig cabinet.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

Edited by - clothedinscarlet on Jan 23 2010 4:06:48 PM

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  4:09:12 PM  Show Profile
Changed the title because I'm sure owners of other brands would still be able to tell if there's anything seriously wrong in the pictures.

Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  9:29:01 PM  Show Profile
WOW!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I would pay that just for the cabinet! BEAUTIFUL! I bought one for 40 and the cabinet is pitiful! You jump on that one! Let me know what you find out becuae I have one to restore also! Enjoy that beauty!

~Count your blessings instead of sheep~ (Bing Crosby) ~Nancy~
SANTA BRIGADE
RED RIVER HENS
http://santabrigade.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  4:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Gorgeous! I'd Buy it! I have one (singer) which I will be working on soon, same issue, rust on the handwheel, but my cabinet isn't in as nearly nice shape as that one!... my cabinet will have to go to a furniture restorer to make it presentable... keep us posted if you buy it!

www.createmyworld.etsy.com
http://createmyworlddesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.soopsee.com/profile/createmyworld/

"He who works with his hands is a laborer, he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist." -St. Francis of Asisi
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Owners of White brand (or others) treadles... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page