Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Thrift Store finds this morning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thrift Store finds this morning Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  10:03:22 AM  Show Profile
Nice sunny day today, so I thought that was a good reason to go to the thrift. Of course if it was snowing and cloudy that would have been a good reason to go too.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  10:59:52 AM  Show Profile
Neat finds, Nancy Jo. I have decided I will NEVER go into another thrift store again. I have so much stuff I have to get out of this house first. So maybe never is too big a word. I think I am going to get rid of my collections. Not what certain people have given me but what I have given myself----well with in reason of course. Egad!! What am I saying. Who hit me on the head? I'd better go sit in a chair and stare at the wall. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  6:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I really like the lamp shade!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  7:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh I love the lamp shade! Gosh! I've got so many wonderful things from the thrift that we should start a show and tell thread!!!!..My camera is on the blink, probably need new batterys...I'll post pics when I can =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  06:19:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey NancyJo...I was thinking of hitting the thrift this morning too. I did 2 last Sat. and got some good stuff. Didn't have a lot of time but went anyway. I ended up driving over 80 miles round trip though. I guess I need to plan the "grocery shopping" on one end... :-) I like your lampshade...I never thought of putting a lampshade on the oil lamp! geez... And that cake tray with all your pins...brilliant! I have a china relish dish with my everyday earrings and what not in it in my bathroom...but my silver keeps tarnishing because of the moisture. Need to move it.

I have to work a little harder/smarter though...my girlfriend can find stuff for a buck...but my best purchase so far has been a new pair of shoes never worn, for 2$. comfy! Oh and I did get this artsy jacket for 2$. Last week I picked up two chairs for 10$. My intent was to recover for my son's new (meaning not sharing) bedroom that has chunky wood furniture already. Cleaning them up and changing out the orange "pleather" for cotton duck camo...but he seems to like the orange and it matches a little stool that I turned into a side table for water and a book.

I love the thrift. I just need to see things with a broader "craftier" eye. I saw a wonderful lampshade the other day on a blog made from the northern hemisphere of an old globe! Too cute!

Oh...and I so COVET your crafty corner in the basement!!!! WOW!!! What a great place to escape to for some crafty/creative/quiet time! I'm so jealous!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  07:05:42 AM  Show Profile
Star Meadow,
Hope you find something good. Gotta love those thrift stores. I find that I have to go around the store at least three times. You would not believe how much you miss by not doing this. I sometimes get my best stuff on that last time around.
Nancy JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  07:17:41 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo is right. You have to NOT be in a hurry and then just look and do the 3 times around. It is very true. A few years ago we all went to "the Nancy Jo School of Thrifting". Graduated with honors !!!! I still have my cap and gown. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  07:18:38 AM  Show Profile
NancyJo, I too get up before 5:00 a.m. with my husband, and truly it is amazing the things one can accomplish in that amount of time. He comes home about 5:30 as he travels to work. I had been thinking about going to the thrift store, but have not gone there yet. But you have inspired me to make it a point. After all it is only about 3 minutes from our urban farm. ha!
Sheri

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Jan 23 2010 07:19:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thrift Store finds this morning Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page