Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Have you ever made or used...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Have you ever made or used... Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  6:11:04 PM  Show Profile
pads for nursing?
Disposable nursing pads aren't very expensive for a one time buy, but when you plan on nursing for a while, they can get very pricey.
Have any of you ever made them for yourself? Are there any good online sites that I might find the pattern at?
How have they worked out for you?
Thanks for the help ahead of time. :)
hugs,
jess

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  6:53:13 PM  Show Profile
I never did make my own, I hadnt thought of it. After a while I noticed I didnt have as much leakage as early on and didnt need them. I admit to using thin maxi pads occasionally on the inside of my bra.

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  7:22:41 PM  Show Profile
I never liked the disposable nursing pads. I just cut some cloth diapers into small squares and sewed the edges together and used that. I found that the disposables didn't allow enough air circulation and sometimes made my breasts so sore. There was no pattern. Hopefully someone knows of one.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  9:22:31 PM  Show Profile
I just cut flannel into circles and sewed them together.. i too did not like the disposables..

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  10:23:09 PM  Show Profile
I liked the disposables under thin shirts. The outline of the heavier washable pads just seemed to show through my lighter shirts. I will look at the brand on the one pads that were more comfy to wear...and didnt show too much. If you cut a circle and then cut a slit to the center and then matched it up on your breast then taped it...that would make your pattern.

This is what mine looked like and if you want to try to make some. This looks like decent tutorial.

http://easytoentertain.wordpress.com/2009/04/11/contured-nursing-pads-tutorial/
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  06:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
I used contoured circles myself when I nursed 2 kids..made them myself out of 100% cotton flannel or diaper fabric..lol..Made about 50 of them at a time and packed them in diaper bag as well.Ya never know if ya need them on the road...Learned my lesson only once...

Love me like I am. farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  08:47:02 AM  Show Profile
I was lucky to live in a cold place when I was nursing so I just folded up all the white hankies my husband had stashed in his drawers and used those. They worked great, I didn't have to buy anything and they were easy to wash. Living in Alaska and Scotland I always had on three or four layers so they were no show.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Have you ever made or used... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page