Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I have a number - what joy!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I have a number - what joy!! Next Topic  

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  1:34:31 PM  Show Profile
Last night I opened a box from the farm with a smile on my face and joy in my heart. Part of my christmas present was back issues of the magazine, my own copy of MaryJane's Ideabook-Cookbook-Lifebook and last but not least my very own sisterhood membership - #918. I did not realize that my book would be autographed...a very special plus. I am trying to be good and not make a nest in the living room and read everything cover to cover...time will tell. I thought last Thursday a week could not get any better...I saw my little red hexagon on a post. This Thursday though topped last. What could be better than a box from the farm. Funny thought - my library will not know what to do with MaryJane's book now. It has spent the better part of a year at my home...does it even have shelf space anymore?

I wonder if everyone feels such joy when opening a box from the farm?

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  1:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Karen,
Hey welcome to the Farmgirl-Sisterhood. I have had my books a couple of years and they still bring me as much joy. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  2:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, has the smile gone away yet? I think I smiled for two whole days after I got my number and again when I got my necklace. I haven't done my patch yet, have too many ideas and can't seem to narrow it down to one. Welcome! Farmgirl #198 from Farmgirl #714.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  4:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the sisterhood. I was so happy when I got my number. I have gotten my books slowly one at a time so I could savor them slowly. I still have them on the sewing table by my big chair. I can't wait to have my farm so I can do it up like the "Outpost". That was my first book little did I know what it would lead to. I got it after I found the magazine at the local Tractor Supply.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  5:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Karen, isn't it just great? I about cried (I think I actually did) when I saw the number, the certificate and the book with the autograph in it. I at least got a big lump in my throat! I understand totally!

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com
(in construction!)

Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  8:23:51 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I have my Farmgirl certificate framed & hanging up in my bedroom-I'm reminded of bein a Farmgirl & my Farmgirl sisters everytime I walk in. I need to start gettin those merit badges too. (I never go to be in girl scouts or anything so I feel this is a great "grown up" substitute)

http://www.pluckyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.mandochicks.com
http://mandolinbabe.net
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
http://www.mtndulcimer.com

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  06:29:00 AM  Show Profile
hey Sherrie, I never got to be a girl scout either and I was thinking the same thing, this is a "grown up substitute". WoW, like minds. My problem is where to begin.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

donna rae
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Donna Rae
Virginia Beach VA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  4:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! My favorite package was the Farmgirl necklace with my own number on it... pure delight!

Donna Rae
Farmgirl Sister # 593
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  7:00:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm so jealous! I hope to have my own number soon, but it's something that has to be worked into the budget at another time. What a wonderful mail day you had!

Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  09:07:37 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies, you are very kind. As you can imagine I did little else but played with my MaryJane magazines, book, calendar, badges and such. It was such a GREAT weekend. Yes, we all got feed just not on time. Dog did not need to be walked, toe injury...yes, I kept an eye on it :-). I pasted and copied the sisterhood badge list into word and printed off the ones I felt I could complete and started researching a few of them - outpost, outstepping, hiking 3 places you have never been and documenting historic places in a 100 mile radius of home...WOW in michigan that is almost side to side for me!!!!!

Rene - it is a honor you would responed to me with all you do in a day. I see your postings of encouragements multiple times a day - you are so good to each and everyone of us!

Kathyrn - I still have a bit of a smile today :-) I made a deal with myself that when I got 12 merit badges done I would reward myself with the sisterhood necklace..will see how that goes!

Beth - To have your own outpost...WOW! Dream on!!!

Brooke - I did get a little misty eyed when I saw my little red hexagon and thought it could get no better...was I wrong!

Sherrie - Currently I have my certificate on/in my folder with the badage pages. The front cover is not just a clear spot...it has a frame around it - too cool. Got to find just the right frame to honor the certificate in just the right way :-) I was a girl scout and I can tell you this is just like it. All the tummy flutters planning, fingering just where that badge will go and so on. I may need to pull the old sash out and remind myself any and all badges are possible.

Siobhan - I smiled really big first time I saw one of your posts. We named our Golden Retriever Aoibheann and everyone who sees it in print goes...what??? Then when pronounced they go...what, you named your dog "even?" I try to explain in gaelic it means radiant beauty and the first recorded time it was used was like the 700's!! Most do not get it...spot, bear, tucker, mutt...at the vet she is listed as Eevenne:-) I will keep a bit of the dream alive for you in hopes of getting your badge soon.

Ladies in Texas - I was not born in the state but grew up there and found my husband. I spent my youth in the Bear Creek area north of I-10 and highway 6 then moved to the memorial area then to the Heights...loved my old house. I love seeing Texas posted under your names...makes me a little homesick and proud!

Thanks again ladies and Y'all take care!

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I have a number - what joy!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page