Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  09:33:41 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I have searched for Chapters in my area and found many that are closed to new members. Would this be because they are no longer active or full and cant handle more members?

I have contacted a couple that still said they were open to new members by clicking on the [contact] and sending inquiry. I have not received any response.

Leads me to the ? Are they still active or are they defunct? Are there any requirments, organization tools or checks and balances that keep one from just saying I want to start one then never really going anywhere with it?

I saw in a different thread something about it having one big Chapter or HenHouse then subdivided into regions. Something along that lines anyway. I think that is a good idea with both Chapters and HenHouses that are not "interest" oriented such as Sewing, bees, soapmaking, etc. "Interest" oriented could be seperate as they are.

I really want the Chapters and HenHouses to succeed and fourish without loosing those interested but are confussed.

I am willing to help orgainize the state of Florida Which until it grows more could have quarterly "meet-ups" that are held at different parts of the state so that if you cant make it this time...you could the next. With regional Hens being active in there ares.

Thanks bunches,
Kayce

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  1:15:51 PM  Show Profile
I have a Florida henhouse called the Sunshine Farmgirl Co-op you are welcome to join us. You have to email Brian and get access to any henhouse. You cannot just jump in.
Give him your forum name and sister # and which henhouses you want to join.
Hugs,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage tote bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  2:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kayce,
There really arent checks and balances as it would take to much time to keep that kind of information updated. We trust the farmgirls to just do it. We believe that everyone is well intentioned and life just gets in the way. SO we ALWAYS tells farmgirls to start their own and set the example and there are many, many that do and that are having fun with the process. Marsha ( above) is a "go-getter" you should email her and you guys could take Florida by storm.. (no pun intended)... ")

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  06:06:47 AM  Show Profile
Marsha,
I got your email. I'm emailing ya back.

Rene,
It looks like Chapters are becoming active again. That is great!!
I'm gonna get with Marsha like you suggested. There is so much potential and am excited because I know with time, effort and patience it will grow and flourish. We just have to figure what crop grows best here

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)
Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  07:23:02 AM  Show Profile
I also contacted a couple of chapters and never heard back. It would probably be more "convenient" for me to start a chapter in my town since the others are at least an hour's drive from me.

I really don't know what/how to begin. So I'll need to keep digging around old posts before I make the commitment to start one here.

Thanks for this post!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  07:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey AsiyahK,
It is really easy to start your chapter but here is the link that gives you the info:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Chapters/ having a chapter and being a chapter leader has so many rewards as you will find out. I would also suggest that you check out the sisterhood. We use the badge requirments as teaching modules/ideas at our meetings here in Prosser.
you will find that info at: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-sisterhood/

Kayce, we certainly are seeing the chapters hopping lately and we love that. We are also seeing the sisterhood increase. More and more sisters are applying for badges and knocking our socks off with their entries. it is a great time to be a farmgirl!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  07:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Rene,
Yes, it is a great time to be a sister. I purchased a membership on Wed and I'm waiting to get my sister # so I can getta busy I am researching the best way to start and organize a henhouse/chapter.

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3852 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3852 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  09:07:35 AM  Show Profile
Something else I've done is organize a group out of my friends. We get together and have tea parties and card class and quilting groups. I started some out on the MJF magazine and that got them hooked. But, they do not have time for the forum group, so I plan things out of the magazine or merit badges I'm working on with them.
My goal this year is to ask them to at least join the henhouse chapter and get their sister number and certificate.

Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage tote bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Chapter contact ? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page