Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 How do you clean a Select Comfort Mattress Top?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic How do you clean a Select Comfort Mattress Top? Next Topic  

JustAnAllAmericanGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Jamie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  07:20:24 AM  Show Profile
So I've got one of those Select Comfort (the sleep number beds) and we've had it for probably 10-14 years. The top part of the mattress zips off and I would like to launder it. Does anyone have a clue if this is possible and if so how you would go about it? I'm open for suggestions, this is something I've been wanting to do for years now. Thanks! Jamie

www.JustAnAllAmericanGirl.blogspot.com

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  08:46:17 AM  Show Profile
I would call the company and ask, just to be on the safe side.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  02:37:11 AM  Show Profile
Wow! When you find out, let us know. When I called the company they offered to send me a new cover for a ridiculous price. I love our mattress, but . . . When I started noticing it needed cleaning, I put a double layer of mattress pads on top. I'd still love to clean it!

Joy

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  05:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Their website claims to only spot clean it and not to dry clean or launder it in a machine. If you have a sunny warm day, I would take it outside, lay a clean blanket on the ground and then spot clean the worst areas off and then spray the whole thing down with some lemon juice and water (Just mist- don't saturate)- then leave out to dry in the sun. However that might cause bleaching so I wouldn't do that if you are worried about the cover changing color or something. (not sure what the cover looks like) But sunshine kills germs as does lemon water and they can help remove stains too. If you are really ambitious you could hand clean the cover before puttting outside to dry.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JustAnAllAmericanGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Jamie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  06:58:40 AM  Show Profile
Alee,
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that when the weather changes. If I could just get it to the point where I freshen it up and a little spot cleaning I think I would be happy. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks, Jamie

www.JustAnAllAmericanGirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

I Love My Kitchen
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Betsy
Santa Clarita Ca
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  12:07:43 PM  Show Profile
I took mine outside and put it on the clothesline, wet it with the hose and put lemon juice and homemade laundry soap and scrubbed well. Then rinsed very well, let dry completely. Worked great.

"There's no place like home."
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  08:25:34 AM  Show Profile
OK. Now I'm going to try it this afternoon! Thanks so much!

quote:
Originally posted by I Love My Kitchen

I took mine outside and put it on the clothesline, wet it with the hose and put lemon juice and homemade laundry soap and scrubbed well. Then rinsed very well, let dry completely. Worked great.

"There's no place like home."

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic How do you clean a Select Comfort Mattress Top? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page