stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  10:35:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm looking for something in the range of Size 2 Easycare products, not being picky here just going barefoot with one of my guys - it's probably temporary, but maybe not.

Also looking for 00 or 0 easycare size products.

I'm not in love with any boot - just giving the Easycare sizes for references. Horses are gaited, trail horses, who don't get ridden enough. Have lots of tack to swap, some crafty items, clothes, whatever you want. Could also just give you the @*^%%@(!)*^^% horse who has crappy feet and needs the boots!

"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself."
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries." A A Milne

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  10:40:46 AM  Show Profile
LOL!! Stephanie, I don't have boots to trade you, but I feel your pain. Fortunately my mare had good feet. But I've had to deal with other horses who did not. It is NO FUN!!! Best of luck to you.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  1:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Ive been there, I have a horse with really bad feet despite supplements galore. I find I just have to keep him shod all around every 8 weeks on the dot. I tried the boots and they didnt work for me. Maybe you will have better luck than I did. :)

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  1:54:54 PM  Show Profile
His feet are too bad to shoe on right now - no wall, quarter cracks, nothing to nail to. If he doesn't handle boots well (and he did okay in Easyboots a few weeks back, I borrowed a pair) then I'll be gluing my own shoes on.

I miss my good farrier. I really miss my competent, excellent farrier who knew more about feet than I do - the rednecks around here are clueless and my horse is paying the price.

We've got to get the feet healthy to shoe him, and if i get the feet healthy enough I'll barefoot him this year since I'm not riding much.

"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself."
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries." A A Milne
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  2:15:21 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your horses feet. That is a real pain. You have probably been asked this a dozen times but have you tried the natural hoof trimmers. I don't use one personally but I know one and he has done some amazing things with horses we thought were beyond help. I would use him but he isn't close enough to me. Just a thought cause Larry is like a miracle worker. He saved two we thought would have to be put down. He trimmed them every couple of weeks and in 12 weeks their feet looked amazing. One had hoof problems for years and now she is totally normal and has been for months. Sorry but I don't have any boots.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  10:10:29 AM  Show Profile
My daddy always said a horse with bad feet, wasn't a horse, but a statue. Hoofs make the horse. I don't have boots, but I suggest you find a REALLY GOOD FARRIER somewhere and even if you have to trailer to him/her, otherwise, you may end up with a cripple in pain permently. Where i live, a bad farrier does not last, but there is 100s of them, so by the time you go thru them all, its gonna take a vet, corrective shoer and a miracle to save your horse. I do my own trimming, and am lucky to have horses that can and do go barefoot.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Even if there is nothing to nail shoe to, you can do like you suggested and get glue ons, they dont last long. I have had a couple tb horses off the track that have had really shelly hooves. I have had to have my good farrier use epoxy to build "hoof" to nail a shoe to, good enough to get him through til hoof grew out. I know you were only asking for hoof boots, so probably some of our suggestions are things youve already done or tried. But thought heck, since Ive been there, and I dont have any boots for you Id throw in my 2 cents for free! :)

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Hoof Boots needed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page