Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 For all of the Farm Friends - please read
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic For all of the Farm Friends - please read Next Topic  

Cycling Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Carrie
Alberta
Canada
86 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  06:01:14 AM  Show Profile
My dearest Farm Girl Friends,

When I came up with this idea, I had no idea that it would be like this; meaning there are some that love to keep in contact with your friends and others who seem to just disappear.

I have noticed there are still a couple of you missing out and you have faithfully sent your gifts out to your alotted friend already, and for that I thank you for your committment. For those that are still missing out, I would love to adopt you all myself, I feel so badly...
I'll try and keep an eye on this, and I have emailed those that need to send gifts to you. If you haven't received a December gift by the next Mary Janes issue, please email me at maryjanesfarmfriend@yahoo.com ok?
Please don't email me at the linked address to this post.

For now, here are the rules and again, I am sorry about those who are missing out. I won't be adding anyone to the farm friend list as it's too hairy already!
Thanks for your patience everyone.

Farm Friend rules:

1. The MJF Farm Friend will begin on this issue - the December 2009 issue you should have received in the mail already! Browse the magazine and base your gift on the main themes.

2. Within 4 weeks for each issue, hunt around for a gift or make one yourself (you may need the full 4 weeks which is why I gave that for a timeline). Please do not spend more than $10.00 which includes shipping. Here's an example: one issue was 'preserving the harvest'. I may send out a little charming jar with preserve making items in it, hard to find teas with a small jar of honey, or a pumpkin candle, etc. In the barnquilts issue, well...the sky's the limit on that one! A quilt piece, a quilting how-to book, or a small sewing kit..etc.

3. With your gift, send a little note or letter, as hand written letters are so rare these days! This is the real gift!

5. It's amazing how fast relationships develop, even via snail mail. You will keep the same farm friend (send only to her - you will receive a gift from another girl who has YOUR name) If you wish to discontinue with your farm friend, please contact THEM directly - not me!

Carrie - Victorian Urban Farmgirl

For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Luke 6:38

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  4:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Carrie for posting this as it helps so very much.
I thought this was such a lovily idea and I am looking forward to getting to know both the gal that has my name, and the gal who's name I have, better.

I think that we have the best of the best here. I have met so many amazing women through the farmgirls and I count it as such a thrill when I find others that I may not ever have had the chance to get to know had it not been for our common interrest in all things farmgirl.

I know that sometimes stepping out in this way isn't always easy, so I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you for doing this.. your hard work hasnt gone unnoticed. Best to you in the New Year. I can't wait to see the friendships made in 2010.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  2:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Carrie,

I echo Rene's comments . . . being a "swap mama" is a challenge and it comes with the ups and downs. Please be encouraged with your idea and those of us participating . . . I, too, am pleased and grateful to have contact with my "farm friends" . . . looking forward to the year drawing into closer friendship with each.

I also trust that those YOU have contact with become true amazing farmgirl friends for you.

THANK YOU!!!
THANK YOU!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  10:43:35 PM  Show Profile
I'm not on the list, but I have an idea for you. Craftster.org has the same problem in their swaps from time to time and what they do is call for a "Swap Angel", someone who will fill the function of the person who went AWOL. You could do that and reward the person with a token gift of some sort.
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  04:11:35 AM  Show Profile
Kyria and All, I think that is a great idea, but no token is necessary. Most farmgirls love to share because it is a gift in itself to create and share with someone else. If I do not have a Farm Friend within the next week, I would love to be a Swap Angel. Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  07:48:44 AM  Show Profile
Dianne - I just e-mailed you
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  2:38:31 PM  Show Profile
Amy Grace and I are official Farm Friends. I just emailed you, Amy Grace, but before I realized you are a True Blue Farmgirl and I'm just a Farmgirl in Training. Please be patient with me! Dianne

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  2:41:19 PM  Show Profile
Can someone clarify...after rereading the rules, above, I'm confused. Do my farm friend and I exchange, or do I give to one and receive from another? Dianne

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  6:04:04 PM  Show Profile
Dianne - I think the original thread/swap was closed so we can just send to each other I think.....

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  2:46:18 PM  Show Profile
Great! I just emailed you too. Dianne

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  4:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Carrie, you have done a great job in putting this together. If you need me to take someone I can do that. Let me know.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  7:39:03 PM  Show Profile
Carrie,
You have done a great job on this, and we thank you very much. Hugs Toni
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic For all of the Farm Friends - please read Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page