Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 OK girls, wish me luck...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic OK girls, wish me luck... Next Topic
Page: of 2

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  08:12:16 AM  Show Profile
You know it could be a bad thing when a Dr assumes something, mine did. He assumed that since i had a hernia 27 yeras ago, that the protrusion he felt was aslo a hernia, WRONG! he opened me up to repair said hernia and lo and behold, guess what, not a hernia, but a tumor which turned out to be 8.2 lbs. No worries, non-cancerous, but it was intertwined around muscle and scar tissue from surgery 27 years ago, so I am a wee bit sore from it all. Any who, my recovery is 6-8 weeks of NO lifting, pulling, pushing or stretching, how in the hell do you not do any of that for 6-8 weeks, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  08:28:02 AM  Show Profile
Wow Teresa!!!! That's like being pregnant for a very long time. I am so very happy its all taken care of and you are in good spitits... minus the not doing a darn thing for a long while. Be careful and resist the temptation to be independent.... just ask for help. I know thats hard because I like to do things myself too. How sore are you, really. That must have been something to get out. Take care.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  11:16:02 AM  Show Profile
So glad the surgery went well. It really is important to not over do things too quickly. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  12:16:25 PM  Show Profile
How did they not know that you had an 8.2 lb. tumor instead of a hernea? Good grief! That's like a big ole overdue baby you were carrying around. Where was it, anyway?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  1:18:03 PM  Show Profile
Well it was supposed to be an navel hernia, so it spread from the navel up to my diaphram and sideways to my right about 6 in.s, same area as the original hernia, yes, it was protuding, but so did the original hernia in the same area. This is why I do not like Dr.s, especialy when they asume, and do not do any additional checking, and this Doc came highly recomended, ha! I was told to expect on a scale of 1-10 for pain, 10 being highest , that I would be around 7 or 8, I would judge me at a 1 or less, ( I do have a very high pain tolerance thou). My daughter and I walked 1 1/2 miles last eve, and I walked another 1/2 mile this morn. My sweet girl went home today, but not to worry, I have my Son, D-in-Law and 2 G/sons watching my every move, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  9:00:22 PM  Show Profile
Well Teresa, if your kids aren't enough, one of us will come out there and watch you, like a hawk!! Glad things went smoothly and it sounds as if your feeling pretty good too, especially if you've been out walking. We were all anxious to hear from you, please take care of yourself, if you don't, you'll pay later, believe me!! Love and hugs to you!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  08:50:57 AM  Show Profile
Suzie, believe you me my kids are enough, I feel like I am made of velcro, lol. I won't be doing anything stupid ( but I can dream it), cause I want to be healed "NOW" so i can get back to some sort of normal.

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  09:41:50 AM  Show Profile
(((HUGS)))

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  1:33:19 PM  Show Profile
I had hernia surgery about 9 years ago. I felt great when I got home, but a few hours later...OUCH! So do what your doctor tells you and just be glad it is not springtime. You will be healed by then. All the best to you.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  9:18:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Teresa....I'm not one of the velcro kids, but just wanted to check up on you today.....hope you had a great day and got some rest, and some fun things done too (I said fun.....like crafting, etc.!!)

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic OK girls, wish me luck... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page