lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  2:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I want to publically post a big THANK YOU to Rene Groom (prosserfarmgirl) for her past blog about friendships and the saying "be who you are and be that well". Had I not read that blog that day not too long ago, I would not have tried once again to talk to my old long-time friend who I had a falling out with -- I once again tried to contact her and this time she responded, and we have carried on the friendship -- No, it will never exactly be like it once was when we were kids, but it is now nice and comfortable. I have learned to be who I am well, and put no expectations on what I would hope it to be, but that I know we will pray for one another and continue to share our joys and experiences through life. Thank you, Rene. I was heart-broken at what I thought was lost, but that blog made all the difference. I'm sure you have helped not only me but others who read it as well.

Have a very Happy New Year.
With love,
Brooke - Farmgirl from Texas

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com
(in construction!)

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  7:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Brooke,
what a wonderful thing to share with us here. Thank You!

Yes Rene, well said,,,,
"be who you are and be that well"....sooooo true.
hugz to ya both.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  8:42:17 PM  Show Profile
im glad things have finally worked out for you on that. and rene deffently seems to have great advice.

Karen ^_^

http://frommisstomissus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  08:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Brooke,
Thank you. I am so glad that it inspired you to try again. I have learned that sisterhood is an art form.. and sometimes it takes a little extra care to turn it into what we want it to be. I am glad that you were able to salvage yours. Thank you also for reading the ruralfarmgirl blog. I love writing it. I know that we (as farmgirls) have so many shared experiences so it is truly "our" voice.

Best wishes to you and your friend in the New year. May you each be able to see the treasure in each other.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  08:35:37 AM  Show Profile
I agree. Went right to my heart. To make a decision to not be a Chapter Leader was hard for me. I loved that aspect of my life. I loved/love the people I came into contact with. But my path is twisting and turning for me. I need to embrace who I'm evolving into even if it means breaking ties with someone or something else. Its not that we are bad people, we are GROWING people....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~Let me take ya for a ride on my big green tractor~
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  2:55:41 PM  Show Profile
that's great!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  04:23:32 AM  Show Profile
I agree, that blog from Rene' made a big inpact on me also. I found that my life is changing and going in a different path than my friends. I have had the same group of friends for about 28 years. Recently when we are together, I come home feeling bad about myself. It seems that my "friends" are just want to gossip and hurt other's feelings (especially the poor friend who isn't there). I decided that I needed to "weed" my friends. Now what they think of me is none of my business. I really like myself and feel better saying nice things about others.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  5:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Ladies, Thank you!

For those that know me... you have heard me say a million times, "we teach others how to treat us"... I believe that with everything in me. For way to, long I allowed people to "keep me down" because on some level I believed I did not deserve or did not have the talent to soar.

I came to understand that I kept those people in my life as validation of what I believed about myself. They were merely the evidence of my core belief. Luckily, Once I changed what I believed and told myself about me, others did too. People always see who we project ourselves to be, even if we do not think we are projecting.

My grandparents use to tell us, "If you want friends, show yourself friendly". The concept is the same. "If you want people to see your brilliance, be brilliant". Whether that is writing, parenting, being sisters, you name it... where is your brilliance... we all have it; we just wait for others to validate it instead of walking in it.

My New saying for the New Year is WE ARE NOT LIMITED BY WHAT OTHERS BELIEVE WE CAN DO. WE ARE ONLY LIMITED BY WHAT WE BELIEVE WE CAN DO.

Thanks for the beautiful affirmation of my writings. Please continue to read my blog and post when you can, just so I know that you are there :) www.maryjanesfarm.org/RFBlog

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  04:39:11 AM  Show Profile
Rene',
I feel like you are writing directly to me. I do a lot for my friends. I am always there to help decorate, move, plan showers, and listen. I have one friend of 28 years that utilizes my talents the most, but critisizes me when I help others and calls me a "door mat". I finally told her that I wouldn't be a "door mat" if everyone would stop wiping their feet on me! Every since then things have changed between us and we have been drifting apart. I took it personally and started feeling bad, but after reading your blog, I feel empowered. Thank you, I love your writing and your humor.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  5:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Rene: What a gentle and caring spirit you have. You have touched us all. Be ourselves with love. Thanks
Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thank you ladies. We have such a great team of bloggers at the farm, there is certainly something for everyone.

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic To Rene Groom Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page