Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Anyone know anything about saving cancelled stamps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone know anything about saving cancelled stamps Next Topic  

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2009 :  08:49:14 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure if this should go here or somewhere else. If I can find a charity, I may move it to the barter board.
I used to belong to a forum where someone was collecting canceled stamps for multiple sclerosis(I think). I believe it was a Pennsylvania group. She would periodically send 100's of them to the group.
I no longer belong to that forum, but got into the habit of saving stamps. Of course, now that I am a farmgirl I get a ton of stamps! ;) My grand daughters have been saving them also.
Does anyone know of a charity that can use these? I've tried a google search but am not coming up with anything.
If I could find a group I would even put up a post and collect them from anyone here who wanted to send them.
Thanks for any help!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

If you rest, you rust. Helen Hayes

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2009 :  11:36:38 AM  Show Profile
Ok Brenda, I just asked my DH because his mom collects them for her church. They get so much $$ per pound.Then they send them to another place and use them for something else, So I'd have to say, check with churches.

Farmgirl Sister# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone know anything about saving cancelled stamps Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page