Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Now I'm MAD, anyone want a dog...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Now I'm MAD, anyone want a dog... Next Topic  

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  1:31:05 PM  Show Profile
just kidding about the dog, BUT, as alot of you know I put together Holiday boxes for family's that can't afford Christmas dinner and presents, this year we have 4 familys. Any who, I took the 4 pumpkin swirl cheesecakes ot of the ovens, ( I have a double oven, 8 burner unit in my summer/canning/holiday cooking bunkhouse/extra kitchen ) set them to cool so I could wrap and freeze them. Somehow my G/son's rat terrier "pickles" got in and was left in the kitchen. This dog is a jumper, he got up on the counter and ate the middles out of all 4 pies, so now I have to re-make those 4 on top of all the other baking I was supposed to get done today, so I will probally be up til midnight.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  1:37:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow! What a bum deal. Did the dog eat too much and get sick. Maybe. LOL MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  1:41:13 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth, he has been pukeing since then, serves the little monster right, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  4:53:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh! Teresa, please be nice to the little dog. If I lived closer, I'd be there to help you rebake all the pies. Did you stop to think that the dog was giving you a great compliment; that the pies were super good. Also, who would torture a dog leaving him in the kitchen, or give him a chance to smell those yummy pies. If I were that dog, I would have found a way in. Now Teresa, I guess you're rolling your eyes at this message, but... you know how I love dogs..... I could call you and chat all night while you bake. LOL. Remember it's Christmas time. Good luck with the baking. Hugs to the dog. LOL.
Your friend. Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  5:34:22 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I would never last mad at one of my animals, and Pickles is just fine, I just don't know where a 15 lb dog put all that cheesecake. As far as him getting into the kitchen, I think my G/sons thought they could sneak a lick, the dog went in with them, and didn't come out. What do ya do but laugh, lol.

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  5:44:25 PM  Show Profile
That's a lot of work for a dog to get in and eat them all. He mst be a big Rat Terrier. Mine are the smallest and could not jump that high. I used to have a bigger one and he would jump fences. He could have gotten up on a counter. So sorry that happened to you. Maybe the grands should help with the next 4 cakes.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  7:15:08 PM  Show Profile
Teresa:
Knowing you love animals, I did not think you'd be too upset with the doggy. Maybe you need someone to help you bake. I just read your recent post. Oh my goodness. I have those days, also. Are you still baking? LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  10:59:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm here to help! The dog is now the new "Christmas Ham! Just stuff an apple in his mouth!
Signed, Rascal the cat ^..^
(heeheehee) Hey, don't tell mom I'm on here, ok?

Farmgirl Sister# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  1:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Rascal, LMAO, and no I won't tell your Mom, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  3:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Teresa, when I read your story...I laughed with tears rolling down my face imagining Pickles on the table eating up the pies. Now, I know it really isn't funny and those pies took a lot of work. I would have said a few choice words myself. But when you called Pickles a little monster...well I started laughing all over again. I must have been in a rare, weird moment but laughter was just what I needed. I guess I have a odd sense of humor.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  4:11:24 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I am so glad you were able to laugh, I said a few choice words that I can't print here, but the look on Pickles face when I caught him, I so wish there had been a camera rolling. He twisted up and inside out, with his eyes crunched shut, rolled over on his back right into pie mess. I think he thought that he would end up being mince meat pie, and I hadn't even said anything yet, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  4:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Hah! That is so funny, and so heartbreaking! When I was a teenager my dad would go out and get donuts and a paper every sunday morning. We had a cocker spaniel that did that, jumped up in the counter and ate part of all the donuts. We were so mad but he was so cute standing on the table like it was no big deal.

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2009 :  09:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Last night my 4 month old puppy miniature Chorki, ate a few french fries..her first...and threw some of them up, with a black plastic bead too. lol

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2009 :  09:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Have ya ever seen the little sign that says "Hello, what is your name? I'm No No Bad dog".

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  09:32:00 AM  Show Profile
Linda, never saw the sign, but that is too funny,lol.

Go to Top of Page

Wende
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

WENDE
Kansas City Missouri
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2009 :  09:18:04 AM  Show Profile
Well, I am sorry to hear about the dog and your pies, but I never even got my banana bread made this year because I had help from two St. Bernard fairies.
I had purchased bananas for bread with a red tape around them meaning they were older and cheaper and ear marked for bread. BUT....................
I have one saint that loves bananas and one that doesn't and now they both love them.

Awoke one morning with banana bread making on my mind and went downstairs to let the girls outside for morning potty break and thought.. hmmm. those bananas are just ripe enough I can really smell 'em. NOT !!!
They had removed the very large bunch of bananas from the BACK of my counter space and ate half of each one .. just up to the tape no less.
They stayed outside most of the morning while I cleaned banana mush out of my carpet in the dining room. ARGGG................
I can feel for you , but my bread wasn't made yet and never did get made.
Bless the animals and all their mistakes for that is what makes us laugh the hardest !!

Be blessed.

You know your a Farm Girl when...
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2009 :  12:03:38 PM  Show Profile
Wende, i've had my parrot (yellow front amazon) get into my bananas before, he can fly, but never the dogs, but I'm sure there can be a first, lol.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Now I'm MAD, anyone want a dog... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page