Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Last minute? Next Topic  

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  09:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
What are you working on that you want done before Christmas? I started on these aprons and can't seem to stop. (Check my blog for pics.) I added two more to my list so I have four to do. I will finish one today and start on the others. I have a busy week like all the rest of you so I will be sewing in between other jobs.
Luckily yesterday, my daughter and I got the baking done. That is a big relief and we had a great visit, with my little grandson too. He is 8 months now and loves to visit with my Bicon, Dash. For some reason Dash just makes his burst out laughing. Dash hardly has to do anything to get that response. It's so fun to watch! lol

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377

Edited by - kpaints on Dec 20 2009 2:21:22 PM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  4:00:02 PM  Show Profile
I'm trying to get my yard looking nice for Christmas. However, with all the rain we've had, it's hard to pick up all the cypress needles, leaves, etc... with the riding lawn mower. So, I'm raking the stuff!!!!! Not fun. LOL. But, to make my yard look nice, I'll do it.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  4:01:26 PM  Show Profile
The last time I checked your blog I was there for over 2 hours. Your pictures are amazing I love the one with you at the edge of the falls you my dear are way braver than I. I would love to think I also would of done that and my swimming skills are bad. Great blog!

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  4:01:34 PM  Show Profile
i have been doing some last minute cleaning and very last minute Christmas cards that probably won't get to where they have to go on time...

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  4:12:58 PM  Show Profile
The aprons are amazing, not that the rest of the blog isn't. I love your bold use of color. They just aren't your grandma's aprons at all!
I've got the second to the last project on the wood lathe, a small covered bowl that I'll carve. DH dug out his Dremel and ordered new blade that arrived last week. Then I want to make a bigger
bowl for my sister from a chunk of a tree we took down this summer.
I'm making a wall hanging using antique style ornaments I got from my sister. I want it hanging when she gets here. The sewing is done, now I've got to get them put on.
We stopped buying Christmas candy last year, decided to make our own. I've got one more variety to do each day now till Christmas. Hope my son and his girlfriend will make the sugar cookies they planned.

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  4:45:38 PM  Show Profile
I had to go to Wal-mart, (((shudder))), to get some more white and brown sugar, so i can finish cookies and some candy. I hate going to town and to the stores under normal circumstances, but with the holidays and being the weekend, OMG, someone opened the insane asylum doors, on top of every hoodlum this side of the Mississippi was in there and on the streets. Any who, got my sugar and made it home with out having to shoot anyone, so it was a good day. Cookies in the oven, and cooling so we will have some sweets to eat and for everyone to take home (please take them home, lol).

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  8:18:09 PM  Show Profile
Last minute is the theme for our Christmas this year! We decided last weekend to repaint our dining room before hosting xmas eve dinner...just got the furniture moved back in yesterday. So no holiday baking, decorating, or wrapping has happened yet. And I've still got to buy a present for my husband! I thought we were going to be frugal this year and not exchange gifts, but then he shocked me with a REALLY big gift so I've got to get him something at least reasonably nice in return.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  9:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hmmm...everything but the tree is last minute here! Even where we are going and at what times are shifting around. Doug's family is having a hard time nailing down exactly when they want us to come and that might be the thing that really ends up dominating the schedule. Cleaning the house has been a big concern though. I want my house CLEAN for Christmas!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  06:11:42 AM  Show Profile
DH decided to replace the drawer runners in my kitchen drawers....does he NOT see that I'm in the middle of baking??? The drawers are empty and the stuff is on the counters and table until the missing part for the drawer is found (hopefully later today) so I can get back into my kitchenQ! Ughh...he seems to find something to "fix" in the kitchen this time each year.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  09:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm still working on candies and cookies. Errr should be working on candies and cookies. I swore to everyone last night that I absolutley am not making candies again next year. I will make a batch for my pappaw and that's it!! LOL So far I have made about 25 batches of candy/cookies. I still have to dip the cookie dough truffles in chocolate, bake sugar cookies and make peanut butter balls and eggnog truffles of and 4 loaves of zuchinni bread. But at least all of my Christmas gifts are wrapped!!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Last minute? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page