emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  10:02:21 PM  Show Profile
I need to make a cool purse kind of thing for my daughter. She wanted, and is getting, a selection of essential oils for Christmas. I am thinking a small, padded bag that gather-ties at the top, but when open, the sides will lay flat. I can put elastic along the sides to hold the little bottles.

Anyone have a pattern kind of like that?

Do what you love, love what you do.

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  08:55:13 AM  Show Profile
Having been an aromatherapist for the past 14 years I would suggest you rethink just a bag. I have found few bottles of essential oils that seal really well. Your best bet is a wooden box with some sort of slots for the bottles. If you can't get that then a plastic craft box works really well. I know plastic is not what we as farm girls prefer but it will keep your daughters bottles safer and contain the amazing aroma that will eventually come from wherever she keeps her oils. If you really want to make her something with fabric how about lining a basket. You need the bottles to stand up and you need to keep them away from heat. There is nothing in this world more sickening that a broken bottle of patchouli or vetiver. It takes years for the smell to go away. I love patchouli but spilled some on myself once and I ended up getting rid of the dress because the smell would not come out. Just a suggestion. Good luck and it is great of you to get the oils for you daughter. Aromatherapy is a very interesting journey.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  6:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks. Didn't think about the leaking part. You are so right. I keep mine in a plastic tub in the cupboard, but she needs something portable. The lined basket is a good idea. I think I will do that!

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  07:51:48 AM  Show Profile
I would love to see what you come up with when you are finished. Good luck with the project.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Pattern help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page