Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Mt Hood Climbers Next Topic  

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  08:19:18 AM  Show Profile
I tried to find the post that was put on for this recently and could not. But I heard on the news that they had called off the search for these people. I think they were friends of Rene's and I wanted to say how very sorry I am about it. My heart and prayers go out to the family left behind.
LaVonna

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  08:31:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thank You LaVonna,
Yes.. it has been a sad couple of days. Katie was an amazing women and her loss is hard to reconcile... We are all trying hard to just remember that she lived life to the fullest and did the things she loved to do... a lesson for all of us. I dont think she ever opperated in fear and because of that she accomplished more in 29 years that I have in 47. Thank You for thinking of her,of me, and for her family, I can not even begin to tell you how reading over post here on the forum the last week has been such a healing ointment for me. We truly have the best of the best... and even when I wasnt jumping in and chatting... I felt the comfort from the fellow farmgirls and all normalness of the "banter"... thanks again for all that have prayed, and sent thoughts and well wishes... Like Anthony's dad said to the press.. "for all that have prayed... God still answers prays, it is just that this time HE said no". I was particularly impressed with Katie's dad sharing his thoughts on how beautiful and Magestic the mountains are....even inspite of his loss there...

Its times like this I wonder if a heart can mend.. yet I know it does. Thanks for the prayer and thoughts they mean more than I can find words to say.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  09:42:10 AM  Show Profile
Wow Rene, I must have missed that post, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers are being said for all involved. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  11:40:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rene-

Just heard about this. So sorry to hear that you and those close to you are grieving the loss of a young person...so terribly difficult to understand and accept.

On the 13th was the one year anniversary of the death of a dear friend of our family, also named Katie. She was a good friend to our daughter Nicole and her family has been close to us since before was born. She was only 19, had just graduated, and had accompanied a group to Bosnia for a short term mission. She was killed in a car accident while delivering food and water to someone shut in and without electricity after an ice storm. My family just gathered last weekend and remembered her together. It's so hard to believe and accept that she is no longer with us but very comforting to talk about her and share memories. I hope that you all find comfort in one another!

My love to you all...

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  2:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Rene I am so sorry for your loss. You and the families are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marcy #257

http://marcysmarket.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  6:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Rene, My heart and prayers go out to you and the family of those who have lost love ones. I like what Anthony's dad said about prayer. God does sometimes say no. But what seems like a no to us, is indeed a yes to God. Can't always wrap my head around that one, but in lossing my husband, that is where the hope lies. My prayers will continues during the holiday time.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  07:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thank You everyone....

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  07:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a sad time. My heart goes out to all as well. Julia- that is beautifully stated!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Mt Hood Climbers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page