Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Foolin' around with Photobucket--Violet pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Foolin' around with Photobucket--Violet pics Next Topic
Page: of 2

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  12:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Jonni - I'm having email problems like crazy here today. I sent you an email through the forum earlier. Did you get it? I'm off Friday until Jan. 4th. :) I want to send you David's email address and our cell phone numbers tomorrow if my Outlook gets fixed. I went shopping with Susan today and bought a book called "Fragments from France" for Justin(if you think he'll like it). It's cartoons by Captain Bruce Bairnsfather during WWI. It was published in 1917 and is like an oversized sketch book, each page a single, large cartoon.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  1:23:05 PM  Show Profile
Janice--I was having Yahoo problems today, too...must be overload or something. I just responded to you!!! That book sounds amazing...and yes, I know he'll like it especially. How thoughtful of you (but then, when aren't you?) for thinking of him.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2901 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2901 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  3:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Jonni
Where was that pic taken?.. I , my dear, am a west sider through & through. Grew up going to the best Oktoberfest there is on Kemper Rd(can't even remember the name now, because as far as I am concerned, that is the only one)
Also went to school at Miami, so am very familiar with the Oxford landscape.
I oh so miss the northwest area, at least as it was when I lived there. Festivals, hayrides, Christmas tree farms, bonfires on the Great Miami,ice skating on many neighborhood ponds, sing alongs, & German parties to beat THE BAND~!
Had neighbors named Kalkhoff. they knew how to throw a party.
Man I miss that community.
Miss Vi knows good folk when she meets them.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  05:47:21 AM  Show Profile
It was taken at Germania Park (the very same place that holds the Oktoberfest you mention!)...we were last at the Kolping Societ for (wait for it...) an IRISH Wake!!! Justin's Uncle Gabriel married a West Side German and therefore, belonged to the society by default :)

I knew you were a Westsider! And though I've been to the Cheviot Harvest Homecoming Fair and the Panegyri Greek Festival many times, this was by far the best time we've had! We can't wait to go back for their Oktoberfest...in fact, that could be something we could all do together. And, when you move towards Brookville, you'll be right close!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Foolin' around with Photobucket--Violet pics Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page