buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  1:43:55 PM  Show Profile
I get up early and appreciate a big mug of coffee as I do my early morning duties. Tea is nice in a teacup when I sit to read or enjoy looking outside at the snow or sitting outside listening to the birds tweeting, when it's warmer. Someone mentioned old teacups. There is one I purchased about 35 years ago that had been in a Vancouver BC estate sale. It was not meant to use for drinking as it was a Coalport handpainted cup made before the "inkprint" lion of 1850. It had been impression stamped. It also had a tinkered handle in 3 places with good size staples. Taking it to an authority, evidently it had been brought along with the rest of the set from England aboard ship. I always wondered what the life was like of one who made it, painted it, bought it, sipped from it and tinkered it. Now I have it. It now sits in my china cupboard for all to see, but not to handle.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  06:40:52 AM  Show Profile
Dainty just does not fit in with my lifestyle, lol! My tea cups are made of pottery, not china, and they are Daisy design from Turi Design, Norway, 1960's. I have some Turi tea pots in Lotte and Astrid patterns, too. I have collected several Daisy saucers, the tea pot, the coffee pot, etc. I also have some Spode Christmas tea cups that are heavy duty, but too small!!
However, when it comes to tea, I'm all about the Polish pottery latte mugs. The are giant, heavy duty tea cups such as lattes are served in. I collect Boleslawiec Polish pottery when they have it in places like TJ MAxx and Ross. I wish I had the whole entire dinner, tea set, etc.
I have some fancy Russian tea cups that say USSR on the bottom, and my guests go CRAZY over them- perhaps just in contrast to the usual heavy duty pottery that they are used to around here!
~ Mary LD Texas

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  1:42:59 PM  Show Profile
I am a big herbal tea drinker this time of year. I love delicate teacups..but like some of the other gals have said...need the size of a mug. I found the perfect cup yesterday at Ross (of all places!!!) while out Christmas shopping. It is bone china, light yellow with sprigs of pretty flowers that look like lily of the vally. Very delicate and feminine but taller than an ordinary teacup..almost mug size. I love it. My new favorite. There was only one or I would have bought two of them. The mug may be delicate but I tend to be a mite clumsy. I hope it lasts!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Do you prefer a teacup or mug? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page