Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 english paper piecing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic english paper piecing Next Topic  

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  4:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
just wondering how many people do this type of quilt piecing and what you think of it

have a lovely day

Edited by - sunshine on Apr 28 2006 09:33:57 AM

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  12:11:46 PM  Show Profile
What does this type of piecing look like? It sounds interesting...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  12:59:09 PM  Show Profile
I was reading about this on the internet. I'd love to learn to do it.

http://stores.ebay.com/Rustic-Cottage-Soap-and-Spa
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  3:25:21 PM  Show Profile
That is something I would like to learn too. I keep hearing about it but havn't got any further than that!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  4:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
you cut shapes in the case of grandmothers flower garden it is ahexagon but you can do squares, circles, apple core, triangls, hearts, leafs, dresden plates,tumblers lots of shapes.. This is not a new thing. Women coming over the plains used this alot it gives very accurate seams even to a novice. They use to use old sears and rowbuck catalogs as there template patterns. If you ever find an old quilt that rustles like paper. It was paper pieced and has never been laundered. basic instructions cut paperin size and shape of finished pattern piece then cut paper 1/4 inch bigger all the way around. Bast fabric to paper and bast fabric in to the shape of the paper by folding down the edges and basting them in place. then whip stitch the edges of two blocks and go on this way( this is very over simplified I don't someone could do it from these instructions it was just to give you the general idea. It is agreat take along and traveling type of quilt as the pieces fit neatly in a bag. I like it alot. Some of my friens say a bit to much as I do miniture where the sides of the my hexagon are only 1/4 an inch big this is the finished size of my block but I have also done larger ones up to 1 1/2 inches per side I have seen as large as 5 inch block a little to unwildy for me. you can buy supplies ( paper) already cut I do that saves time and is very accuate ( die cut) now days people do not leave in the paper they reuse them as they are made out of card stock. Very handy this way

A web site full examples
http://www.paperpieces.com/

have a lovely day

Edited by - sunshine on Apr 28 2006 09:33:41 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic english paper piecing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page