Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My $4.00 deal Next Topic  

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  10:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
I found these crochet needles in a glass jar in an antique shop here in Liberty, Texas while shopping for cookie cutter swap I was in..I am fixing up a glass jar that has a lamp accessory on it that I am doing for my livingroom. I found 2 of them to be diff than I ever seen..which is in second pic..

Not sure what the ivory one is made from but it isn't plastic..

Farmgirl #801

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  10:03:28 AM  Show Profile
Wow! What a great deal!

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  10:22:38 AM  Show Profile
The first one, the green one is a latch hook not a crochet hook. It is for looping things through a mess piece for yarn. The second one is a crochet hook. I have some that are made of wood and I have seen them made of bone.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  11:14:28 AM  Show Profile
Good deal. What's the bent one over towards the right? Or is it just bent at the top?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  12:34:03 PM  Show Profile
Could the ivory one be bamboo?
Great find!hugs,

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  12:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
I am not sure about that bent one..maybe she used it so much..LOL..or made it that way..I have no clue..but I am using some of these in my glass jar for a lamp project

Farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  6:35:25 PM  Show Profile
What a great find! I love the really tiny ones, but you don't see them that often!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

2quilter
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Patricia
Greenwood IN
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  7:31:33 PM  Show Profile
not bamboo, ivory -- as in from an elephant -- ivory used to be popular, but thank goodness they've stopped making them years ago. sometimes the ends were painted different colors to signify the various sizes - - although the one shown in the picture looks a little different. I don't expect the tiny crochet hooks to be made in a few years, as they are going the way of the old tatting shuttles....shame....

When life hands you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  1:55:24 PM  Show Profile
great deal !

http://www.tribalhorse.blogspot.com ..... http://www.tribalbarter.blogspot.com ( items for sale here )
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  1:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Any chance they're bakelite? Something to consider. Most are soooo tiny, it's that fine work I just admire that. I must be from the generation that's been influenced by instant gratification, because I like to work with bulkier threads and see results. Quite the find though. I know you must have been thrilled! Enjoy!

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

Go to Top of Page

carolynann
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Carolyn
Branford FL
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  3:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Send carolynann an AOL message
Neat find! The one on the right looks like a afghan hook . . . or maybe a predecessor of the crohook???

At home on the banks of the beautiful Suwannee River in North Florida
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  6:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
I can barely see them tiny hooks on some of them..lol..the names on these are: L'oreal-Korea Boye-USA Susan Bates-USA.
I found me another steal too..at the same place on Saturday. The jar had hat pins,buttons,set of keys,needles..I bought it for the jar which I like..lol..will post a pic of it tomorrow.

Farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  08:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Here is that jar I was talking about.Paid $3.00 for. It is on the left. The $4.00 jar full of needles is on the right..

Farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  10:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Nadine
What a really cool find!

at first I thought the green one was to turn fabric right side out, like when you stitch up sashes/apron tie/tubeings, you sew the wrong sides together,then run this hook thru to latch on & pull the right side out., did that make sence? I need a coffee refill! lol!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  12:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Coffee refill sounds good to me!!..lol

Farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My $4.00 deal Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page