Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Keep those cell phones in your pocket
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Keep those cell phones in your pocket Next Topic  

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  08:29:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but last year my car skidded on the ice just a little bit, and my phone went flying. Now on cold, icy days, I keep it in my pocket, just in case. That way if you are in an accident, it will be close if you need it. Hope this helps Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  09:02:26 AM  Show Profile
What a great idea! The other night a car pulled right out in front of me across traffic to turn left. I was in the center lane. I skidded a bit but the roads weren't that slippery (yet)... My purse went flying to the floor on the passenger side. If I had needed it to call for help, I wouldn't have been able to reach it. Keeping it close is a really good thought! Thanks for the reminder.
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  09:10:11 AM  Show Profile
Good idea!

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://iowafoodcoop.blogspot.com

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

Don't pray for a lighter load, pray for a stronger back.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  11:27:37 AM  Show Profile
Cell phone is a great idea, but you also need to keep with-in reach (tie it down or whatever) a sharp knife to cut your or someone elses seatbelt, and something to break auto glass with, either yours or someone elses. Flashlights and extra batterys, water, energy food, i.e. granola bars or ?, blankets and extra warm clothes, cause we are in for a long cold / wet winter, and ya'll should be more prepared than boy scouts for what might/could happen to you or that car that just passed you going way too fast!!!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  11:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Teresa, that is such good advice. On the news this morning several people were stuck in their cars overnight I think in Iowa, you never know when it might happen

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  1:55:56 PM  Show Profile
great idea indeed!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  07:47:57 AM  Show Profile
Great advice! Something to think about for sure, I think we all need reminders like this. Thank you! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  1:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Wow, what a great reminder...and all the other info is excellent also...I love this forum...looking out for each other and sharing this type of information, what a great bunch of farmgirls! Makes me thankful and glad to be a part of such a great group!

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  4:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Every fall we "winter-prep" the vehicles and make sure that in addition to the safety stuff that's already in there, that there is a heavy quilt, food (powerbars) water bottles (frozen solid right now, but could be thawed and/or chipped), extra coat and extra boots. If we're going anywhere besides just into town, we pack a thermos of boiling water and instant soup...just in case.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Keep those cell phones in your pocket Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page