Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  5:07:26 PM  Show Profile
I'm new to this, just thought that I would tell a funny story. Yesterday I went out to feed my hens. I shut the door and as I was walking to the house I noticed hen prints in the snow that had been there from the night before. I looked everywhere, but thought that my dogs had got the best of Henrietta. Upset, I went back to the house, poured myself a coffee and looked out the window toward my chicken coop/garden shed and Lo and behold Henrietta was perched in the window of my garden shed(which to mention does not have any glass in the windows, not everything always gets finished around here.) I quickly grabbed my camera and went out to take a few photos. I picked her up and took her back to her real home. I thought that I had better check what kind of mess she made in the garden shed. I openned the door and couldn't believe my eyes, she laid her egg on the lounge chair right in the middle of the comfy cushion. My garden shed is now call the chicken spa! I hope that the other hens don't find out. God Bless.
Barb

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  5:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love it!! Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  6:30:56 PM  Show Profile
Great story!

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Soon to Be Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  6:41:23 PM  Show Profile
That is so neat. At least you found her egg. Does she still lay an egg in there? I have found eggs in funny places, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  7:31:51 PM  Show Profile
Too cute. I am new to this as well. It is always neat to wake up and see what is new with the girls today. LOL, Ive recently got chicks so turns out that we need to kick out some of the boys to still be able to call it the Hen's Hideaway.
Thanks for sharing

Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  7:52:17 PM  Show Profile
Barb:
I can see that hen sitting in the window. What a hoot! Thanks for sharing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  8:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! That is too funny! Glad she wasn't hurt or worse! Isn't funny how those silly feathered girls work their way into our hearts!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  03:12:55 AM  Show Profile
Thought you hen lovers like me would get a chuckle out of it. Kris, I had to put her back with the other girls so my dogs wouldnt think that she is a toy to play with. They have a really nice run out but have the shelter inside. I do have to move them though. We are having a really bad snow storm right now, but thank goodness it isn't all that cold. My husband got thrown off of his new roping mare last week and separated his shoulder, so... I have had a few extra things to do. We milk cows, but thank the good Lord above, we have some great people that work for us. Thanks for your responses. Glad to have other people in this world that get such great joy and laughter out of things that are so simple. God Bless.
Barb
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  09:49:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh for cute! I want one!

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  10:19:08 AM  Show Profile
I know someone who had a business building what they call "Hen Spas," "Hen Hotels", and some other cute portable chicken homes and coops.

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  12:14:19 PM  Show Profile
What a nice story, and I'm glad Henrietta is okay...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  08:33:34 AM  Show Profile
I love animal stories, thanks for sharing.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlermom
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Melissa
Logan AL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  2:53:52 PM  Show Profile
That's funny! I had a hen once named "Boots", the kind with lots of feather's at her feet. She was free range and lived months outside with the dogs and other animals. My dog didn't ever bother her until she laid her first egg... right in his dog house! He didn't like that at all, so she met her fate! We really loved that chicken too.....
Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2009 :  03:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, that's hilarious! I don't think that my guys would like that either. I don't know why my oldest dog Fred dosen't like birds. It's not just hens, it's birds. He chases and barks at them and if he can, he gets them. Then our border collie heards them and our golden retrievers play with them. They all have cute personalities. Thanks for your story too. God Bless.
Barb
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic funny hen story Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page