Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  06:00:32 AM  Show Profile
We had some very hard rain and very bad winds here last night we had a tree to fall, thank goodness it didnt hit anything, but my roof is leaking and no money to repair it at the time. So I guess a tarp will be our make-do until we can figure out our next step. The rain is gone this morning but it is still overcast. We are suppose to have high winds all day but warm up to 65 then back down in the low 40s tonight. I know many of yall are getting hit my some snow. Praying everyone stays safe and warm! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  07:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
This storm system was/is a doozy!!! On last night's news we saw that Cloudcroft, New Mexico was not only hit with the snow but winds up to 100 mph . . . LOTS of blown off roofs and snapped off trees!!

Robin (our daughter) said that the wind in the night on Monday night in Phoenix was horrendous as well!!!!

We've been through the leaky roof thing too . . . that's discouraging!!!!
Will pray for your situation!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

piddlin sweetie
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Vickie
Kentucky
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:20:27 AM  Show Profile
yeah, those winds! We had a lot of rain on Tuesday also.. the winds are to be their strongest today.. so i am listening to see if we need to get off our Hill.. but so far so good..
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  11:24:42 AM  Show Profile
Karen, there was a tornado somewhere near you last night that did some damage to some siloes and barns to someone who makes grits and sells at the Chatt. market. I didn't catch the town but they aren't too far away. We had lightening, thunder and really strong winds all night here and it poured rain. I mean really pored rain, like in buckets. It's still really windy but blue skies and sunshine! I am so sorry you're having roof problems. I just hope the tarp stays on. Keep safe and try to stay dry there.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  12:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Karen and CJ:
Sure hope you girls are better today. How's the weather? It seems like the weather GA got yesterday just missed us here in SW Louisiana. Stay warm and dry. Take care.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  3:00:27 PM  Show Profile
Marly, Weather has still be windy all day and the weather forcast says more wind to come tonight one station says low will go down to 25 tonight the other says 33 so we will wait and see.
Kris , I had no idea there was a tornado around here, but I can believe it the way the wind was.
CJ are you still getting snow?
Thank you all for your words of encourgement. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  5:28:04 PM  Show Profile
It was really windy here today too, my back yard looks like a swamp and my horses are just mudballs. Yuck. I got the worst off them before I put them in but that georgia clay doesnt want to come off a gray horse! No more rain here please please please!

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  7:57:01 PM  Show Profile
How are all you GA farmgirls doing now? I'll be saying a prayer for y'all to stay dry and keep warm. Take care. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  8:06:58 PM  Show Profile
It's still windy here. I can hear it blowing now. I know what you mean about the mudballs, Sarah. My whole place is a mud pit. Ankle deep in mud. Water all over. But the wind took care of alot of it. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow then more rain on Friday.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  05:40:00 AM  Show Profile
Sun is shining bright this morning!! I love the sun shine and the sweet little birds chirping!

www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  06:28:02 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful bright blue sky and sun here today! But chilly, too. And it froze last night. But I am going to enjoy the sun while it's here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  10:32:44 AM  Show Profile
Yes Kris and hopefully it will dry up some of that mud before it rains again! We didnt get as cold as you did last night but it is suppose to be really cold tonight. Stay warm and enjoy that sun! Blessings,Karen

www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Hard Rain and winds Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page