kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  06:58:00 AM  Show Profile
And I can't drink it anymore. It makes me have the awfullest haertburn and I feel awful. I used to drink regular coffee then gradually went to half and hlaf. I even bought organic fair trade. I love coffee. I love how it smells. But I can't drink it anymore. I did try a few small cups in the afternoon with dessert at Thanksgiving and I did ok.

Anyway, til something changes (and I do not want to take any anti whatever pills either) I will be drinking tea. I love peppermint tea. And I found a nice Holiday blend from Celestial Seasonings but can't find anymore of it. It was really good. I even have the cute little tea pot and nice heavy pottery mug Mrs. T made.

But tea is tea and doesn't do the same thing for me like coffee did. I miss coffee.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  08:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
So sorry. I feel guilty sitting here sipping on my decaf.... I too have cut myself off from coffee many times but I always come back. That aroma, that taste, I can't live without it.....oh, dear, I'm sorry Kris. :(

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  10:19:30 AM  Show Profile
I just got a sample of Teecino. Its supposed to taste just like coffee, but no acid. I will let you know when I have tried it. Its available here in natural food stores like Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage and Sunflower.
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  12:26:13 PM  Show Profile
Kris,
You can usually buy more of those Holiday Blends from Celestial Seasonings online. There are about 6 different kinds. They are so good!

Marcia

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  12:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Robin, that sounds good. My sister lives in Colorado Springs and goes to Denver alot. She could maybe get some for me. I have never heard of it.

Karen, I love the smell of coffee when I wake up in the morning. My pot has a timer and it was always ready for me when I got up. But don't feel guilty on account of me. Sip away. Enjoy that cup of coffee. Go ahead. Think of poor little ole me.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  1:11:02 PM  Show Profile
I love coffee and have the same problem so I always drink 1 cup in the A.M. then avoid it that. If all else fails Rolaids & Tums help.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  3:28:26 PM  Show Profile
There is a tea that is wonderful, you've got to try it. I lived on it when I went coffee-less there for awhile. I think it is called Morning Thunder. It's very strong.
Or what about chicory? Can you have chicory coffee?
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  3:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Kristin, I have a lot of the same problems. I had ulcers diagnosed and nexium was prescribed. I love coffee! It's my one addiction. I have lots of heartburn and acid reflux. I have found out that if I eat a bananna first the coffee does not bother me as much and my doctor told me to take DGL when I feel the heartburn coming on. Its found in a health food store and its a tablet that you chew made from licorice. I have been using it for two days and it does help. I think the bottle was about 13.00 and it has ninety tablets. The flavor I got was german chocolate and it taste really good. I try not to take the nexium because it prevents the absorption of vitamins and minerals. I only take it on extreme occasions.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  4:28:54 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
So sorry about the coffee. I know, I'll drink it for you. LOL. Enjoy the tea.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  4:57:09 PM  Show Profile
I was just going to say that about the tummy ulcers. I love coffee but oh my goodness, the heartburn and headaches are just not worth it.
I found out I have tummy ulcers starting and had to do away with it. Unless I want to torture myself and sneak in a cup or two when I'm not looking.
HUGS!!~~ Light coffee candles and sip the lovely peppermint tea. :) It may not be the same, but at least it'll be relaxing and the house smells good. :D hehe
hugs,

Jessie

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  05:55:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ya'll for all the good advice. I didn't even have tea this morning. It's getting old. I may have a relapse and got try some of these things ya'll have suggested here. I'll look at Greenlife sometime this week while I'm out.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  11:46:47 AM  Show Profile
I am an addict. I have been drinking coffee since I was a wee one and my great grandparents would put lots of milk and sugar in it. I have the same problem. I have seen a coffee, I think its folgers, that has low acid and is supposed to help.

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  1:56:04 PM  Show Profile
I feel for you Kristin I to had to quit because of upset stomach heartburn High blood pressure you name it. It has been a month since I have had no coffee. So far so good. Unless I smell it

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  3:31:39 PM  Show Profile
I went out today and while I was in Food Lion I went to the coffee aisle and sniffed all the coffees. There was a Creme' Broule (?) that smelled so good. And a few others I was tempted to get. But oh well. I will have to check on the low acid Folgers, though.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlermom
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Melissa
Logan AL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  5:24:39 PM  Show Profile
My heart is going out to all you that can't have coffee! I had no idea that it causes heartburn! Try Peppermint tincture! I never leave home without it! I've made my own for several years now and my dh has not bought rolaids or tums in years and he used to eat a roll a day!
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  9:16:43 PM  Show Profile
Kristin I have a friend who has drank so much coffee and has had heart burn so bad she has to have surgery to repair her esophgus sp?

So just be careful.
Have you ever tried the coffee nip candies? If you are a cream and sugar coffee drinker they are good.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  02:52:56 AM  Show Profile
I switched to chai tea few yrs ago... it has become my "have to have " morning drink

http://www.tribalhorse.blogspot.com ..... http://www.tribalbarter.blogspot.com ( items for sale here )
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  04:49:11 AM  Show Profile
Diana, that's awful. Did the surgery help at all? I hope she's ok now. And yes, I love real cream and sugar in my coffee. Only if I have coffee with sweet stuff I would drink it black.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  09:37:12 AM  Show Profile
I stopped drinking coffee several years ago as it really bothered my stomach. I think it was the acid in the coffee. I always got all bloated and gassy and it was horrible! I switched to tea, quite happily I might add, and have loved all the yummy flavors.

Nowadays I can manage a little bit of coffee every once in a while but still prefer tea.

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I Want Some COFFEE!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page