Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 whiney, bored, and recovering from...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic whiney, bored, and recovering from... Next Topic  

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  4:10:29 PM  Show Profile
...knee surgery. Easy peasy..just a torn ligament...but I was out for it.

OK...so I knew that I'd be laid up today (surgery yesterday) and probably tomorrow but I didn't count on feeling this crappy. I've been under the influence of a narcotic all day and sleeping mostly. Knee hurts like a bugger and I'd really rather not do any more of the pain med. Maybe just to get back to sleep later. No good way to sleep either cause I'm a side sleeper and when on my back, I sound like a freight train rolling through. Hubby had to work today (and tomorrow) so when I woke up at 1am this morning and saw he had a pillow on his head, I hobbled out to the couch.

So, I'm home with the little guy and he's been a trooper...bringing in gingerale and cookies periodically....but I didn't organize for crafts at the bedside or anything...(if I could, I'd kick myself)...

So I just thought I'd check in with MJF.... And if anyone could send a little "cheese" my way....I'm sure it would go great with my "whine" Thank goodness there are lots of posts to read tonight.

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  6:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'll be praying that you will feel better soon!!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  8:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey Star, hope your feeling better this evening. Tomorrow is another day, and I'm sure when the day dawns, you'll be feeling just a tad bit better!! Make sure your little fella keeps those cookies and ginger ale coming!! Take good care, and wishing you a quick recovery!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  02:12:10 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies! It's 5am here. Neighbor was up early today (about an hour ago) and let his dog out, who, promptly came to visit my dogs....who, of course, wanted out to play. I managed to put it off an hour. I'm wide awake though. Must be all that sleeping from yesterday. It does feel a bit better this morning. At least I'm not cringing every time I move a little.... Got up and fixed a big pot of coffee and a plate of potatoes and eggs for the hubby, who should be up for work soon too. I love my house in the wee hours, don't you?

Well, thanks for thinking of me. I'm sure I'll be back to work tomorrow. I'll just call in to classrooms and have the kids come to me. Luckily the bathroom is right across the hall. (wish I'd had this office when I was pregnant....) LOL. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  06:23:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, T. I am so glad you're feeling a little better. Nothing like being woke up by dogs, huh? And after knee surgery you're up fixing your hubby breakfast. What a farmgal! You go, girl!

I hope you get to rest a bit today. Take it easy and relax. I've heard the 3rd day after surgery is the worst. So don't be doing too much now. Hope ya have a great day.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  5:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Hope your feeling better today. Have a blessed day

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  07:02:48 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! Stitches out on Thursday. Did too much yesterday... should have stayed home one more day.... ah well... Once you have shown that you can carry 25 pounds of potatoes, they just give you 25 more....

Did rest in bed when I got home and watched a movie with my little guy. Nice. Big storm moving in here soon. Hear the mid west is being pummeled as we speak. Good time to hunker in and stay warm.

Speaking of warm...thanks for all those warm wishes for health... I believe they are helping! You all are the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  07:21:02 AM  Show Profile
Hey T.
Be sure and take it easy and let it heal! yeah we are supposed to get that storm business here starting up this afternoon. Will see what we get every station has different amounts.

Did they give you exercises to do to help it heal up? If so be sure you do cause they are really important

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  07:39:46 AM  Show Profile
Hello Rae....not yet. I get stitches out on Thursday. I'm sure I'll get the list of stuff to do then. I hate the idea of walking around in the slippery stuff....

It just looks like it's going to snow here. The day is grey and the clouds are solid across the sky. The air even feels full of moisture....and the temp is dropping.

We are expecting 1-3" in mid-michigan...but it's coming with rain/freezing rain later tonight. Then the wind will pick up a bit come Thursday morning. We're not newbies when it comes to snow but the freezing rain throws everyone for a little loop. I think the top of the mitten will get most of the snow dump this time around.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  07:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey mid-west Farmgirls!
Get ready . . .it's a coming your way!! Here in SW Colorado we are getting slammed!!! Snowed all day yesterday and into the night. About 3 AM the wind started blowing and one could not see ANYTHING!! My east facing kitchen window screens were so covered with blown snow we couldn't see out!! It is still snowing, but appears the wind has stopped. I'm glad for the wind stopping . . . I hate the wind on any day!!!
So, bring in the firewood . . . or whatever!!
STAY WARM!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  08:12:13 AM  Show Profile
ceejay how did you find yourself in Colorado I was always amazed at how much the wind blew and how hard.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  08:24:31 AM  Show Profile
ceejay...googled your location....What an interesting name for a town, amidst all the others...she (Dolores) must have been an amazing woman.

You stay warm and safe!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  11:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Diana,
I was born and raised right here!!!! We built our house on acreage of the farm my dad deeded to us in the mid-70s as "part of my inheritance".
We do have wind and such, but it's not as bad on the Western Slope (our side of the Rockies . . . which kinda go right down the middle of the state) as it is on the Front Range (the Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo,etc. side)
Anyway, it's HOME!!! I went out and took my turn at shoveling some snow. My hubby did a bunch . . . then I went out and dug out our vehicles and made a partial path to the drive. We over a foot of snow!!! We ain't done by any stretch. The road has been plowed but we gotta get to the road!!!

CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  12:40:11 PM  Show Profile
T:
Sure hope you are feeling better today. Keep us posted on your progress.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  09:10:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey thanks. Gosh I felt old...hobbling out of bed this morning. Glad to get those stitches out tomorrow....itchy!
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  4:08:07 PM  Show Profile
Good luck with your appointment and getting stitches out. You will probably feel better just getting rid of those. I hate that rain stuff before snow!!! I'll take snow any time at least you can stop on that, that ice is just plain nasty and should not be allowed

Take care
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  02:54:00 AM  Show Profile
hope your stitches come out today and you are doing great !

http://www.tribalhorse.blogspot.com ..... http://www.tribalbarter.blogspot.com ( items for sale here )
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic whiney, bored, and recovering from... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page