Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Opinion on Fybromialgia and cronic fatigue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Opinion on Fybromialgia and cronic fatigue Next Topic
Page: of 2

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  10:25:39 PM  Show Profile
Fibro sucks, no two ways about it. What works for one person will not necessarily work for the next person. Each individual has to find the coarse that will work for them. Thus the frustrating part for the patient and the doctors trying to figure this disease out. Helpful place to go for info is National Fibromyalgia Association. They are on facebook as well and have a discussion board, asking questions and finding out what works for others. Having others who have fibro sharing helps, for one, you know you are not on this journey by yourself. Two it gives you ideas to try as well. Being armed with questions and ideas for the doctors also at times helps them too. If it wasn't for my fibro friends, I would not have known about Neurontin, Cymblata and tramadol. Their suggestions gave my dr and I some jumping off points. Keep talking, keep listening and find a support group if you can because they are out there too.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  06:14:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carol Sue, Once again thanks for the great info. Nice to have you gals to talk with.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  06:40:32 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad that I came across this information. I have had fibro for many years, the last five have be the worse. I was taking care of my 85 yr.old father during his fight with cancer. And it seemed to increase with time. He has been gone 4 yrs. and now taking care of mom. My husband just lost his job and we have been living week to week. So you know the stress this can be. But I keep going everyday the best I can. The problem is people look and you and see that you look well, so they can't understand why I'm not working and taking naps everyday. Like I'm just lazy! Believe I'm not lazy as you all well know by your experiences. There are days that I can barely move and do what needs to be done. But one thing for sure is, I've been blessed with a wonderful husband, so supporting. I don't know where I'd be without him. Laura just know that dh appreciates everything you do for him. And I'm glad that you have a place like this one that you can come to for information to help you out. I have found that in the summer when I can get in my daughters pool it helps alot. I feel deeply for all of you dealing with this and I'm so pleased that there is a place we can come together and help each other. Let's just keep writing so we know there is someone there that does understand us. My prayers go out to each and everyone.

classygram/Brenda
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  10:37:18 PM  Show Profile
I only skimmed through here because it's late, but I didn't see anyone mention Lyme disease. I would urge you to check into it, but you'll need to find an alternative dr. who either knows about it or is willing to learn. Mainstream MD's are drummed out of the profession if they try to pursue that diagnosis. I've seen it happen.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia & suffered for 7 years before we discovered it was Lyme's, which can mimic lots of other illnesses. So it's just a suggestion for you to look into....
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  06:36:23 AM  Show Profile
Funny you should mention that Kyria, my husband has said that many times but Dr.s just say no its not that. How did they finally diagnose you? What did they do to treat it? At the same time he was diagnosed with Rocky Mountain spotted fever my dogs both got diagnosed with Lymes (the same week). Thanks for the great info.
Laura

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  1:42:44 PM  Show Profile
Laura, good idea to check that. I was checked for that one, nope not it!!! Fibro.....lol. Hey you have to laugh at times with all this or you lose your sanity!!!!
Also, that you are the support to him that you are, that you believe him, that you are willing to do the hunting down info makes a huge difference to him.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  6:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
B-6 can quicken the progression of the muscle atrophy (for some reason) .. There are some other things too. I just saw Prilosec on the list for heaven's sakes! I have taken that!

Kyria, I was tested for lyme disease and they did say that it was negative, but this was the Fibro and Fatigue Center in Dallas
Texas. I think the place is a sham personally (just for anyone who may go there). They had me do 41 blood tests (I think if I can remember correctly) in one day....and they had me on all sorts of pills and had me taking heparin shots in my stomach (my husband did it) two times every day. I was in a very bad way and had some sort of overdose on the heparin and stopped completely... and never went back! So if any of you are looking into things like that..be careful of that place! (They have them all over the US)

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com
(in construction!)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Opinion on Fybromialgia and cronic fatigue Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page