Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 How would this work?? Good or bad idea?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic How would this work?? Good or bad idea? Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  2:45:52 PM  Show Profile
I make things, scarves-caps-etc., but seem to be stalled when it comes to 'making' a biz. I don't know about websites or much in the way of promoting.

What I'm thinking of...could I submit photos to all of you who have home based selling sites, of things I have on hand and then you could promote them by putting them on your site?? Then take your cut (providing its reasonable...define reasonable...) and when I receive payment, I send the cap/whatev on to you or dropship it to the customer??

Would this work?? How to refine my idea(s)?? How about your ideas?? Anything at'all...

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

I have some other blogs in the works...please stay tuned and I'll let you know where to go! :-)

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  4:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Winona, you're idea is ok... But, I believe I have a better idea. Have you ever heard of www.etsy.com? It basically promotes itself. It helps you setup a store on their website. As long as you have a camera to download pictures to the computer. It takes you step by step in helping you get set up. Don't feel overwhelmed. It is basically pretty easy. Good Luck!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  7:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Yep, have heard of etsy and I guess, I'm just gonna have to try it. Kinda strange, I thought more people would be interested in something like I posted, even though I don't have it totally worked out. Oh, well...

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

I have some other blogs in the works...please stay tuned and I'll let you know where to go! :-)

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  03:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Once you figure Etsy out...you are going to wish you had done this years ago. It's worth it. Good Luck!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic How would this work?? Good or bad idea? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page