Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What is this throw rug called?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What is this throw rug called? Next Topic  

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  06:41:25 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I am going to try to describe this, as I can't find a picture anywhere!

It's a small throw rug, the backing appears to be denim, oval shaped, about 2' x3' in size. On the top of the denim, there are squares folded in half to make triangles, and then stitched overlapping in circles(ovals)all over the top. There were 5 different colors, with the same color being in each row. They seem to be made of a type of double knit fabric. It is so cute!

This little rug is selling at my local farmstand for $65.00!!!!! I couldn't believe it. The lady that was working yesterday was so grouchy, I didn't dare ask her if they had sold any at all! I just thought it was so expensive and didn't look that hard to make. I could see if it was wool.... the other hand made things that they sell are more reasonably priced.

If anyone knows what this would be called, let me know, I'd love to make one myself!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

If you rest, you rust. Helen Hayes

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  8:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda
The rug sounds really cute. I don't know what the rug would be called, but it sounds like the little squares folded into triangles
and overlapping might be prairie points. I hope you post a picture if you make one!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  5:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! I've made bunches of those and love 'em. Found the pattern in Tasha Tudor's magazine in the 90's. It's a Blooming something or another. Hmmm, $65? I may have to make a few more! If I can find the pattern name, I'll let you know. They're even pretty after they've been washed. When they hang on the line to dry it's so pretty I'm thrilled I live on the corner so EVERYBODY can see 'em!

They really are easy. I didn't even press the squares, just folded 'em as I went around

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  08:23:16 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes they are called pine burr rugs, I have two little ones I got for three dollars apiece a local shop a few years ago. Someimes you see them made bed size, I guess they would be good to keep the kids covered up, it would be pretty hard to move under that weight...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What is this throw rug called? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page