Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Worst Christmas songs? Next Topic
Page: of 2

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  10:15:45 AM  Show Profile
George Michael is fine and good. But I am already tired of hearing that Christmas song-"Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away..." My station plays it at least every hour. Is it just me? There are some wonderful Christmas classics I'd love to hear every hour, but that's not one.
How about you?
Are there any Christmas songs you're already tired of hearing this year?

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  10:45:11 AM  Show Profile
"I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus".
"Grandma got an accident" or something (forgot the title PTL haha), HATE that one GGGRRR

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  11:24:42 AM  Show Profile
... I quickly get tired of the Alvin and the Chipmunks! that level of the pitch is not kind to my sensitivity to migraines!

aghhhhh!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  11:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Karrieann, be soooo happy you do not have a child that is infatuated with the Chipmunks. I get the pleasure [insert sarcasm] of hearing them everyday. If she doesn't have it on a cd, she finds it on youtube. But the goodnews is I found the earbuds while cleaning the living room today!!!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  12:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Yup George Micheals song is played way too much! There is some song that is about someone having an affair with someone they meet in bar or something that gets played a lot. Can't think of what it is called but it is awful! I also dislike the Christmas shoes one. ToO depressing.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  12:12:36 PM  Show Profile
there's a song that gets played around here (St. Louis) called "I want a hippopotamous for Christmas". First, it's cute, but quickly gets annoying. Also "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer"
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  1:00:08 PM  Show Profile
"Grandma got ran over by a reindeer" THAT is the one I was talking about, yuck!!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  1:02:19 PM  Show Profile
Any remake of a classic where it is some diva-ish female singer that overdoes the melody with way too many notes, too much range that doesn't belong there, & too much yucky melodic drama!! Hate those. Give me Bing or Andy Williams & I am happy. Yes I know I am old.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  1:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'm getting really tired of "we want to wish you a merry christmas" in spanish. They play it all the time on the radio.
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  3:09:47 PM  Show Profile
I know this will cause disagreement, but I have NEVER liked the P-nuts song Christmastime is Here. It leaves me cold. And you hear it on every album!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  11:55:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
I dont mind listening to a few christmas songs on the radio, but when you turn on the radio and its nothing but christmas music the day before thanksgiving, i think thats just over kill. And when you listen to the radio and hear the same song within the hour. Drives me crazy

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  12:26:01 PM  Show Profile
The Christmas Song by The Carpenters (Merry Christmas Darling.....) I could hear this song all day, every day.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  03:41:57 AM  Show Profile
A long time ago my folks pushed the record button on their tape deck back in 1971 I think, and recorded a day's worth Christmas music. they still have the tape and do play it when we are over to eat Christmas morning or opening gifts in the afternoon. There was a lot of variety and no schmaltzy George Michael. Brings back a lot of memories growing up, hearing the music and watching mom make cookies.

Kind of funny to hear the forecast of Southern Ohio in the teens when we are now in the South and running around in t-shirts and jeans

I don't care to hear any of it while in the car. If I'm shpoing it's ok and may bop along if it's upbeat.

And I agree, the depressing ones are too sad for this time of year when it's supposed to be a happy occasion
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  04:30:41 AM  Show Profile
Any Christmas song sung by Mariah Carey. Ack! Just horrible. Plus most of the songs listed already. :)
Karin

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
www.athreadofred.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  05:27:10 AM  Show Profile
I love the classics. Some of the newer versions are ok, but I'd much rather hear Burl Ives or others from that time.

I'm w/you Channah can't stand that song! I also can't stand the "Christmas Shoes" song. Who wants to be depressed at Christmas?

Country Lawyer I got burnt out on the "last christmas" song when some guys at work thought they were funny & played that song at least every 30 minutes throughout the day. Got them back when a friend had that song on cd & we played it continuously. Never heard them play it again. Lol!
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  06:01:00 AM  Show Profile
I prefer the classics too. George Michaels Last Christmas comes on and I turn it down. Its not on any of my cds here at home. I like the soothing more classical ones and the old Bing, Burl, Andy Williams, etc. I do like Amy Grant and Martina McBrides Christmas CD's a lot.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  06:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
There is this song about Santa gettin' stuck up in the chimney...this song is played every hour and it is so creepy. I would rather hear the classics.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  06:20:25 AM  Show Profile
I think my biggest pet peeve is that most radio stations only play a certain number of songs over and over and so many of them are just silly ones. I know there are more selections available, but don't understand why they won't play them.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  06:24:03 AM  Show Profile
I am getting tired of Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman type songs. I would rather hear the classics, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  07:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Yea. the "grandma got ran over by a reindeer" just has to go! LOL

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renesnaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  09:19:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh any of the horrible remakes turn my stomach. Country western singers mauling the classic songs make me miserable.

Give me John Denver and the muppets any day. :)

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1704 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1704 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  5:13:42 PM  Show Profile
Love the classic Christmas songs, Bing Crosby, Gene Autry, Andy Willams, Dean Martin You' all get the picture. George Micheals Yuk.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Brownie Lady
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Vanessa
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  7:03:07 PM  Show Profile
"Blue Christmas"

I'll a-have a-a ba-loo (oo-oo-oo-oo) Christmas (oo-oo-oo-oo) without you (oo-oo-oo-oo)...

I HATE that song!

Vanessa
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  9:29:23 PM  Show Profile
"Grandma got run over by a reindeer" has to be the worst carol I ever heard. I never cared for anything sung by Bing Crosby,either. Love Carols played on folk instruments-instrumentals are a big favorite. Orchestras too. The one album that brings back great childhood Christmas memories is "The Little Drummer Boy" by the Harry Simone Chorale. I was lucky enough to find the CD many years back.

http://www.pluckyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.mandochicks.com
http://mandolinbabe.net
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
http://www.mtndulcimer.com

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  04:36:41 AM  Show Profile
I too love all of the carpenters music. Years ago I came in contact with a New England Christmastide 2. Love it, but it croaked a few years ago. All music, and I recently found it again online. Cannot wait til it arrives.
I too get tired of I want a hippopotamous for Christmas. But I think it is just so silly.
I love the songs that warm the soul, or are cheery.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page

faithmarie
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

faith
wappingers falls new york
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  06:05:55 AM  Show Profile
HA HA HA!!!!!!!! I love reading this!!! I thought I was the only one who felt this way!
If I hear john lennon and yoko whispering happy christmas to each other.... I run screaming to the radio and turn it off also paul mccartney and wings... and hippo... and blue (off key) christmas and ertha kit's song and the last christmas I gave you my heart song..... YUCK They are all like running fingers nail down chalk boards.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
Farmgirl sister # 34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Worst Christmas songs? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page