idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  2:47:44 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes someone does something so generous and kind that it brings tears to my eyes and a lift to my heart.
Now I know some of you will not understand why I could get so excited by something as boring as tires, and at one time in my life I would not have been so moved but now I am older and can't believe the wonderful friends I have.
My tires have been going flat and the little old local mechanic told me the chrome wheels were flaking off and breaking the seal. He called around to find some used wheels but no luck. The cheapest new wheels he could find were $138 each and I seriously needed new tires too. I have been helping my unemployed son out and have not had any money for anything extra, even cutting back on everything I could I just couldn't make my paycheck cover all the bills so the tires and wheels would just have to be put off. Now I take care of my brother, and while he is only 60 he is on disability and his eyesight is really bad so I take him everywhere he needs to go. Now we are a minimum 80 mile round trip from Idaho City to Boise, and we often go to the other side of Boise so sometimes we cover 100 miles on each trip, ususally twice a week, but my car is our independance and crucial to our lifestyle. It is not a new car but one I bought when my older son upgraded cars and sold me this one.

I saw my friends (she is one of our farmgirls) at the post office on Tuesday and she asked if I would be interested in some wheels and tires their son could get for me. Ever cautious, my first response was how much? $100 for tires and wheels. I just was shocked but said yes. Her son owns a tire shop, a Big O' just over the Idaho/Oregon border in Ontario and he found some for me. I had the next day off too so I said lets go! In the morning while I was waiting for her to meet me at my house I began to wonder if she meant $100 per tire, which would still be a good deal, but still unaffordable, so when she arrived I asked her if she meant $100 for all or for each. She said for all, and was that O.K.
We got to her sons shop and he put on actual Dodge wheels, (I drive a Dodge Durango I bought from my son years ago) and not just four, brand new all terrain tires but five as he even replaced the spare. I am just floating and the stress that was lifted was so incredible. Now I honestly think that my friends made some kind of arrangements with their son so I would not get stuck with the real bill, because they are just those kind of angels here on earth. I really can't describe how five new tires and wheels could make me feel, and how grateful I am to have friends like this.

I never would have thought I could get this excited over tires, and I probably never thought of wheels before this happened. Isn't it amazing how our priorities change as we age.

I am truly thankful for the all of the farmgirls, and while I don't post very often I love reading about all of you and the great/fun and even moving stories everyone shares. Thank You MaryJane for being the catalyst to bring so many unique, strong, talented, kind, generous, thougtful and sweet women together around the world.

This is the best holiday season I have had for so many years, there are just no words that really cover how I feel.
Farmgirl hugs to all of you beautiful farmgirls!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  4:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I believe in Angels and also in God...so happy that you are blessed! Stories like yours can give us hope and faith that things will be ok no matter what happens. I need that sometimes. Thanks for sharing with us.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  8:09:18 PM  Show Profile
God makes Angels where he must. I am glad for you.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  8:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is amazing, Rose! I am so happy for you! You needed it and I am sure that everyone involved is glowing with happiness to have been able to help you so! You do so much for everyone else!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  8:48:45 PM  Show Profile
I was taught as a child to be kind to all we meet, cause you never know when one might be an angel. Of course that was back in the day and area that it was pretty safe to talk to strangers, lol. I will always try and help when I am able anyone who needs it, family, friend or total stranger. God bless your tire angels.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  04:28:41 AM  Show Profile
Rose,
That is an awesome story. I know that I have met more than a few angels unaware, in my lifetime. God cares for His own, always. In mysterious ways sometimes, but He is good, all the time.
What a wonderful gift you have been given.
Blessings,
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  05:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Rose that is just awesome! And yes, there ARE Earth Angels among us, I am positive about that too.
I have met one and she is my friend A. She is MY earth Angel just in the way he does and is :-)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  06:29:16 AM  Show Profile
Awesome story Rose, Thank you so much for sharing! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  07:06:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, I know I'd be excited about tires!!! Thanks for sharing that story, because it is a tremendous blessing when those kinds of things happen . . . and it is encouraging to hear them. Sometimes we get so caught up in the hard stuff that we forget that there truly are some wonderful acts of kindness going out there!!!!
THANKS!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1669 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1669 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  6:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Rose, God is always there for us and watching over all of us every minute of the day and night.I'm a firm beleiver that we all have angels surrounding us and God will send an angel our way when we truly need help. Thank you so very much for sharing your story with us Rose. I really need a lift and you gave it.
Hugs,
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  12:41:53 PM  Show Profile
There are many, many angels among us; sometimes we just can't see their wings. What a wonderful angel your friend is.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  1:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Rose,
It couldnt happen to a better person. I think that what goes around... comes around.. and I know your heart... God knows that you will pay it forward.. Love you girl!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renesnaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  7:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Such a heart touching story. God is watching us always and sends us what we need when we least expect it. So happy for you

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Angels on Earth Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page