Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How was it?? Next Topic  

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  5:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was just wonderful!! I love seeing my grandma and uncle. It was a lot of fun!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  5:55:18 PM  Show Profile
Our Thanksgiving was just wonderful, we cooked all last night and this morn, ate like abuncha ticks, looking like we are ready to pop, took a nap, ate pies, then went out for our annual football throw, laughed til we cried and came back in for sandwichs. Everything is put away and cleaned up, and most of us are watching old movies, but I had to come here and say, "I am so thankful for my family and friends ( that includes all of you)" , have a great evening and God bless.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  6:09:14 PM  Show Profile
I had a great Thanksgiving.My sister and bro-in-law came up from N.C. to visit for a week. We baked pies last night and made side dishes this morn. Then we took it up the street to my moms and we ate. Then we rested awhile before having pie & coffee. Then the rest of the day was spent telling stories, laughing and enjoying each others company. It was our 1st holiday since Daddy passed away...But we all did ok. We got mom to laugh a lot, so I think she got through the day pretty well too. God Bless Ya'll!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  6:10:02 PM  Show Profile
It was great! My parents are here. Me and my mom cooked all day yesterday. Got everything ready so we just had to cook it today. Baked pies yesterday. I made a cranberry chutney that went over well. Kansas was a big help. So all that work and we eat and are done in 5 minutes and miserable the rest of the day! Go figure. My youngest Dd's boyfriend brought his guitars and my step dad plays too. So we sat around and sang tons of songs. That was fun. I made chili and it's cooking in the crockpot for dinner tomorrow. All us women head out early on Friday morning to go shopping. We love it! Such fun getting out in all the craziness.

I hope everyone had a greta day, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  10:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We had a great thanksgiving, Channah! Glad you did too! We didn't go all out for the dinner. I will probably do that some Sunday when Doug and I have it off together. I have been to tired this past week to want to do much of anything. So I spent the day with Nora and watched some TV. :) Doug made ham, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. I made soap! LOL We didn't go see family because Doug is sick and didn't want to spread it around.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  12:06:43 AM  Show Profile
I made the cranberry relish that was featured in the last MJF magazine and it was delicious! We had turkey and roast beef, stuffing, potatoes, etc.Two types of pies and ice cream as well. We watched the parade on TV and then the dog show. I left early as I was coming down with a cold. Spent the rest of the day in bed, now I can't sleep! My nieces all wanted to see some deer but I guess they were all hiding. I think I heard a turkey but couldn't see it. All in all, a great day.
cindy
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  03:16:50 AM  Show Profile
Ours was nice too
Had a pitch in pot luck at work for the sides and one of the bigwigs brought in a turkey and ham.
Than we went to the in-laws and ate too. Missed the sweetpotato casserole the first time (not a yam in the bunch) so really got to enjoy it at the in-laws.

Will go to SIL house tonight. She too is a fabulous cook.
Meantime brother is somewhere in Florida standing in line waiting for a most excellent deal

Hope everyone else went to bed content and full!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  07:04:09 AM  Show Profile
Ours was a very nice holiday, Channah! Thank you for asking =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  08:32:24 AM  Show Profile
It was serene,happy,& smooth sailing. Dad discovered he can make a delicious roast,and the pressure cooker worked perfectly for the yams,potatoes,and carrots. My pumpkin bread turned out to be delicious. As it was just the two of us no worries about having dinner ready "on time" So glad you all had a splendid holiday!

http://www.pluckyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.mandochicks.com
http://mandolinbabe.net
http://www.mandolinbabe.com
http://www.mtndulcimer.com

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  10:26:47 AM  Show Profile
My day was CRAZY!!!! But that's what happens when MY side of the family gets together! LOTS of laughter, TONS of food (We all LOVE to eat!!!), and just total Chaos. My younger sister "Hosted" the party. Our brothers were there too, and our younger one (27yrs) took over the cooking. He LOVES to cook. When I got there, he had every burner going at full speed and the oven crammed to the max with all the pans he could get inside. Amazingly, he never burned a single thing! and it all turned out just FABULOUS!!!

Before, during, and after dinner we just laughed and laughed. We really like to have fun. We also seem to have forgotten were not kids anymore, but that doesn't seem to stop us! Can you all picture three chubby grown sisters (the youngest being 31, the oldes 40!), rolling around on the floor wrestling with eachother like a bunch of kids? My sisters are such BRUTES! They'll NEVER grow up! I, on the other hand, was just a victim of circumstance..... (he! he! he!)

Seriously, even though we don't live far from one another, I don't get to see my sisters and brothers NEAR ENOUGH! We had such a great day all getting together with our kids and just being in eachothers rowdy company. A truly WONDERFUL day!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How was it?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page