Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Miss Wilma is as close to perfect as anyone I know
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Miss Wilma is as close to perfect as anyone I know Next Topic
Page: of 2

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  3:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE Miss Wilma...because she's the living embodiment of the Proverbial woman, and, well, for about a million other reasons.
I love her style, and that woman has more talent in her little finger than most folks I know combined...yowza!!!! All-in-all, I had the best time I've had in about 23 years with just about the most generous and kind-hearted folks on God's green earth! Oh, and Miss Wilma has the most beautiful eyes, the color of honey...
It was such a joy to meet her and her family, to spend time with them and to enjoy Miss Wilma's delicious home cooking, to stay in the cabin she's been bout workin herself to death to get ready! It is just perfect! Their farm in Kentucky and their lifestyle is idyllic, right out of a story book. I'd have stayed in a split second if I hadn't had previous plans...lookin forward to junkin with her next time!

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  6:32:59 PM  Show Profile
I always thought the same thing, and I have never even met her! So gald you had a memorable time. Tell us more!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  05:16:54 AM  Show Profile
She is the best. To just spend a day with her puts your world right back on track. I LOVE her and her hubby to bits.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  10:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i am with yall on this one. i have never met miss wilma in person, but feel like she is a good friend. she has been very kind and dear to me and i cant wait til i can make a trip to kentucky and see those honey colored eyes on my own!you are a dear and a great farmgirl sister miss wilma! we love ya in texas!

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

www.angeltree.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  5:49:50 PM  Show Profile
She is the best! I miss her!
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  4:52:22 PM  Show Profile
Sweeties I really thank you for all the nice things you have said but I really am just plain old Wilma that loves people

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  5:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Miss Wilma you loves people for sure. Thank you for that!!!! It certainly has enriched my life!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  6:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
And this people is sooo thankful that you do! Can I come live with you Miss Wilma? I know that you'd say yes, and all in all I'm content to be here where I am; I just feel so much better thinkin it's even possible, and especially thankful that there are still people like you and Mr. Sterling in this world, does my heart good to have been with you.

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  01:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Miss Wilma is a blessing to everyone that knows her!! I want to be like her when I grow up.

Handmade Soap, Lotion Bars & More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  07:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Kay, that about says it perfectly!

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  07:31:41 AM  Show Profile
So glad that you were able to experience one of Kentucky's best treasures, Chandra! I concur with all said above...

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  08:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Chandra,
I am really happy that you started this thread. I know that Miss Wilma is having an event at her place here shortly and I would love to have gone. I think I have told myself so often that "If I could just sit at her feet" for a little while.......

Miss Wilma, I believe it when you say that you see yourself as just "plain ole Wilma, that loves people", it is the modest humility that makes you so special and your heart so big...

Much success to you for your upcoming event... wish I could be there in person, but of course sending my love...

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renesnaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  08:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Yep, she's perfect all right! The best friend and co-conspirator a girl could have! In fact, Wilma, there's some bedroom furniture I've got my eye on and good old David is having a 'cheap spell' right now. So I'm planning to send you a pic of it and get you to 'work your magic' on him. If you tell him it's a great deal and we should buy it, by golly, he will. He always does! That's how I got my cool old metal bed. When you said it was a good thing, he handed me the money at Burlington like it was pocket change!!!! LOL!!! Love you, Wilma!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  08:17:55 AM  Show Profile
Sneaky, but brilliant Janice!
No good man in his right mind would doubt the wisdom of Wilma!
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  10:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
gosh, all these posts are making me homesick for miss wilmas, and i have never really been there, well, just in my dreams, i hope one day to make it to one of her gatherings.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

www.angeltree.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  10:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Janice I wouldnt ever tell you to buy something that I wouldnt buy myself, that bed was a steal have you seen the long table in the blog pics.I think its more mustard than I want so when I get a little extra time I will work on it.Send the pics on, I got the cabin pretty much done except for some touchups but have 50 60 tubs of stuff up stairs to go thru, it looks like a job thats overwhelming. I am at a standstill , right now an auction is looking real good. Only Sterl Lisa he was just asking me this morning why I was still buying sewing machines.

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  10:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I love that table, Wilma. It's beautiful! How long is it? And David just doesn't believe that I know a good thing when I see it! LOL!

frannie - We're all looking forward to meeting you, too. If you get here on an airplane, David and I will get you to Wilma and Sterl's place. We'll meet you with an official 'Knob Lick Country Club' shirt and a big hug and a smile! :)

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  10:43:51 AM  Show Profile
Yeah thats official Frannie, We will see you get here, Oh Janice tell David I got my bird hanging I LOVE that bird, I sold the old crow so I am going to keep the parrot as long as I want to. That is the old work table I got at Burlington

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  10:58:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I know, Wilma. I think the table turned out fantastic! That mustard color is super! And I think David is happy you bought the bird and not me.....haha! I'll tell him you still have it. Show him where it is.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  1:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Janice, Miss Wilma said several times that you were gonna love that table...glad to see your post so it's confirmed.
Everything in her cabin is fantastic, paint colors, decor, the pieces she chose...Miss Wilma is very talented and has a great "eye" for style!

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  1:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
She sure does, Chandra. And she has more houses than anybody I've ever known! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  1:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Miss Wilma, can you do a tutorial on auctions, how to value the items, how to get acquainted with an auction house, how to....
Can you also do a tutorial on the names of the places you've been around the country, the time of year to go, how to rent a booth, etc. I have a bunch of stuff I need to load into a truck and sell, but first need to determine value, then head for somewhere that has dealers, and since I've never done any of that and you're a wealth of knowledge and experience, a tutorial is the perfect solution!!!
Love and miss you so much! Won't be able to make it to this gathering, but I am looking forward to a time when I'll be able to visit again...

(please don't auction that sewing book cause I know I'm gonna need it soon! - thanks!)

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  4:53:39 PM  Show Profile
I never met Miss Wilma but I heard very nice things about her from Nancy and saw her work, then I was lucky and saw a thread she started on selling her pillows. I was lucky enough to buy 2 of them and would buy another for my mom if she has any more. She sure is talented and laid back. She wasn't even worried if I would send her the money I was more worried than she was as I didn't get her address for a while. She was to busy playing with a 3 yr.old. How cool is that?

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  5:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
She's super cool, Diane. I'm having 'Wilma withdrawals'. I haven't seen her in nearly two months. :( Are you out there, Wilma? There's a big flea market this weekend at the KY Fairgrounds. The one we went to last year....when you bought the wooden bird, remember? How is that bird, anyhow??? David still talks about it!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2009 :  9:12:38 PM  Show Profile
Janice I am going to miss Louisville this week end. I have to work the mall Wed and Thurs., then babysit this weekend. We will get together real soon. Have been so busy still have all the sewing stuff to go thru upstairs. I am going to be getting rid of a lot more.My old bird is doing just fine I love him more all the time. Had company from Atlanta last week and am working two days a week. Am enjoying that, I just didnt realise how much I missed being out in the public.Cant wait for you to see my cabin house.Sterl is almost done stripping tobacco.So anyway I will call you soon and catch up on everything Love ya Wilma

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2009 :  9:24:38 PM  Show Profile
Chandra, about auction houses, be careful most of them have by bidders, I do not attend them unless they have a good reputation. The best ones are shops going out of buiness or estate auctions.Texas is the best market I have ever done, also if you want to bring a load up in April I can get you a booth at Burlington where I go and probably right beside me.I can help you with prices. Besides you can meet some of the other girls. It is a one day show and one of my favorite places to go.I loveeeeeeeeee my telephone. I still feel bad about you bringing it.I have it on the table right beside the bed you slept in. Keeep in touch Love Wilma

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Miss Wilma is as close to perfect as anyone I know Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page