Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  5:23:16 PM  Show Profile
I'm FINALLY heading out the door to go shopping for menu items for Thursday!! Wish me luck as I brave the crowds! :) Anyone else doing last minute shopping to fill their kitchens??

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com

www.patternprincess.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  7:08:53 PM  Show Profile
I just went this evening, too. Aldi's was hoppin'! I have to go in the morning to Fresh Market to pick up my very expensive turkey and I am done. Parents are coming in tomorrow afternoon and I guess we'll start getting it all ready. My kitchen is FULL of food. I need to clean out the fridge, too. I just had to go through my little pantry and make room. Why do we eat so much??

Isn't it nice to be done with shopping. I don't shop alot. But tonight I went up and down every aisle just because.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  05:39:14 AM  Show Profile
Going out today...wish me luck!!!

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  05:44:15 AM  Show Profile
Best of luck braving the crowds. I have a couple of items to pick up, but it won't take long. I already have most of it. I agree with Kristin....Why do we eat so much? I also wonder if holidays were this stressful fifty years ago. It seems like when I was a kid it was so much more calmer.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  4:06:38 PM  Show Profile
Well, I only got half of the shopping done last night...I'll be finishing the rest tomorrow afternoon!! Last minute, definitely, lol. I agree, it is an enormous amount of food...more than I've bought at once in a long time. I guess I can justify it by saying I have guests coming...but still...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com

www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic That's it.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page