Page: of 2

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  07:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, I'm closer and closer to just getting our basic channels.....I'm really getting over tv. I'm more online than tv.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

hotmamaj
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

janice
buckeye az
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  4:22:01 PM  Show Profile
I really get tired of watching the garbage on Tv.I don't like the "award show" just slap me on the back again.. with all the reality shows, and look at me shows. Was thinking of shutting down the dish....I don't even like watching local news because I never get an unbiased veiw of whats going on in the world.It's not like when we were kids with 12 channels and PBS. Oh the good old days

Welcome the dawn of everyday with a smile & open heart
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  07:12:21 AM  Show Profile
Where are the Waltons when we need them????
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  07:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi sisters,
I was just wanting to express my opinions on some things I see lately on tv. I now think it's best to focus on good things...even tv...complaining or criticizing is not good for the spirit.

Thanks for all the responses.
I don't believe in legal censorship. Our ancestors came to the USA from England for those rights and God bless us we still have most of them.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  08:01:28 AM  Show Profile
You know, as much as I don't want to see some programs that are on television these days (so much so that I don't have a TV, just a DVD player), I DO think it's wonderful that we all have the choice and ability to just turn it off when it's offensive to us. TV programs are usually viewer-ratings driven, so one of the simplest things we can do is just walk over to that box, flip the off switch, smile at the other people in the room, and suggest that we all bundle up and go for a walk...play a board game...make up stories...read a book out loud...

There are so many things in this great big world - some wonderful, some tragic - and for the most part, we get to choose what we let into our lives (granted, there are some horrors that sneak in "uninvited" that we "get" to deal with, too).

Hurray for variety and choices!!! Wouldn't it be boring without 'em? Okay, easier, but boring...

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic TV Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page