Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Been gone a while... but getting back now
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Been gone a while... but getting back now Next Topic  

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  11:38:22 AM  Show Profile
I haven't posted in sometime but for good reason. My baby girl was born at the end of October. Her name is Coraline which means "country girl". Her and I are both happy and healthy. She's baby #3 after my 2 boys, so I've been busy. For the first time my MJF magazine arrived and I wasn't able to get it all read the same day. Oh well I have a good excuse this time. :) We did manage to make our own laundry soap before she was born - total success! And I'm learning to use cloth diapers for this baby - so far so good. I've missed reading all of your posts and i'm glad to be back.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  11:46:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh! Congratulations! So good to have you back =) Coraline is a beautiful name, I just adore it, so sweet too and old fashioned sounding. I'm glad you are doing well. You've got back just in time for all of the happy holidays chatter.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  12:12:42 PM  Show Profile
Alyssa Marie:
Welcome back. Congrats on the baby girl.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  1:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Ah, a baby girl! How sweet. I bet she's adorable and good. Glad you're back.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  4:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Well no wonder we haven't heard from you. How is the little 'Country Girl' doing? I know--perfect. congrats and glad you can stop by for a few minutes. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  5:33:14 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations!!! I just had a baby girl October 28. It sure keeps life crazy huh!!! Welcome back!
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  6:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
yay!! Couldnt you just spend hours on here!! I know i do

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  12:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Congrats AlyssaMarie! Cloth diapers are such a savings!! The 99-100% cotton Knit that they sell at JoAnns (you have to look at the fabric listing to make sure it isn't synthetic) is super soft on their little bums! Let me know if you need any diapering tips! I even converted my oh-so-conventional husband to cloth diapers! He was even singing their praises to co-workers!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  1:28:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee! So far I am loving the cloth diapers. I received a kit as a gift with the cloth diapers and the velcro wraps. We used the disposables for the first couple weeks when I was in the hospital and just coming home. By day 4 baby Coraline already was developing a diaper rash. Once we switched to the cloth diapers we haven't had a sign of the diaper rash returning! I've had no problems getting the diapers clean with the homemade laundry soap and a little vinegar in the rinse cycle. My husband hasn't complained about the cloth diapers either. We are still trying to find a way to make the cloth diapers more absorbant for night time though. That's been our only hurdle. I am really excited about the savings too! Oh and my mom and I sewed everything for the baby's nursery using MaryJane's Farm Girl Fabrics that came out in July. I will try to post some pictures sometime. It is just so CUTE if I can say so myself!

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Been gone a while... but getting back now Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page