Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Located a knitting/needlework group
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Located a knitting/needlework group Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  9:16:38 PM  Show Profile
I just came from the monthly meeting of a local group of knitters/embroiderers/quilters. It was really neat. It was a large group of women of all ages united by a love for crafting/creating. Next month the topic will be aprons, and I just bought a new Christmas apron yesterday. We're all supposed to wear an apron to the December meeting. Sound like fun? It is! I'm glad I was able to locate a group within driving distance. Tonight they held an auction and all the items had been crafted by ladies belonging to the guild. Since it was my first time, I didn't know what to expect. I was impressed! It's great to have this forum, but it's also great to get together in person with like-minded people. I'll return.
cindy

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  06:50:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh Cindy, that sounds wonderful! I wish there were a group like that near me. Closest thing I have is a knitting group that meets every two weeks (I crash it, I'm a crocheter). But I'd really love something that was a bit broader. Enjoy your group!!

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Located a knitting/needlework group Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page