willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  08:20:32 AM  Show Profile
Today is national homemade bread day! This would be a great day to start making "Bread the MaryJane Way"! It only take a few minutes of care everyday and you bake once a week or more depending on your needs! It is so easy, fun and GOOD!

Visit our forum thread here http://www.breadthemaryjaneway.com and read the article all about making bread the MaryJane way here http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Recipes-Patterns-Instructions/no-knead_bread.asp .

If you have any questions please join us on the forum page and we will be happy to answer them!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  1:19:45 PM  Show Profile
I found a bread recipe from "Chickens in the Road" blog for Grandma's bread. I found some unbleached all-purpose flour the other day and used it. I also got to use my grandmother's old wooden bread bowl for the first time. I got it for Christmas last year. I make whole wheat bread and use a big mixer. But sometimes I just get tired of it. So I thought I'd try this bread recipe. And what better day to do it than homemade bread day! It's halfway through the 2nd rise now and smells so good already! I also have a "stoop" (ala Rachel Ray!) on the stove simmering made with the roast I made last week. Man, it smells too good in here right now! Can't wait til dinner.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  08:07:09 AM  Show Profile
Don't let too many people know it it national bread day, Hallmark mght start making cards.....

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Homemade Bread Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page