Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Seeking plaid flannel fabric
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Seeking plaid flannel fabric Next Topic  

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  7:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Quilt project currently under consideration calls for 27 different dark plaid flannel fat-eighths (or 9"x22").

Anyone have any small to medium size plaid flannel fabrics suitable for a "man" quilt that they'd be willing to barter or simply mail if I send you a postage paid envelope?

I live in the South where it really doesn't get that cold so fabric stores don't typically carry a wide selection of plaid flannel. Nor have the nearby garage sales and thrift shops had an abundance of flannel shirts for sale.

Thanks!

In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running. ~Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon.com)

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  7:51:01 PM  Show Profile
I will have check I think I might have a couple fat quarters. No plaids just some woodland type prints. Sorry

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Nov 16 2009 8:26:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  02:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I believe I could send you two different kinds.... but it wont's be for a bit. I need to send out my swaps first. But it should be within the week. Good Luck!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  06:42:03 AM  Show Profile
I have two or three "scrap" pieces ... not exactly 9" x 22". Does each piece need to be different? If you let me know the size of each block, I'll measure what I have and let you know. Will be happy to give it to you for a self~addressed stamped envelope. Best, Sharon

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  09:39:58 AM  Show Profile
Teresa, I just pulled out of storage this dark blue large plaid with purple and maroon sheet set! I will never use it and just yesterday threw it in my studio to cut up for something or other. I'd be thrilled to make fat quarters for you and send them your way...The sheets are in perfect condition and have not been used for several years. They were on a guest bed and slept on only a handful of times..always washed. If that is too recycled or just general 'ewwww' for you do let me know.. I won't be offended.

Cheers! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  07:50:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone who has kindly offered to swap or donate!

In response to the questions I received:

The smallest pieces of fabric that will work for my project are:

Dark plaid flannels: 8" square (54 required)

White, cream or tan patterned flannels: 4-1/2" square (210 required)

Pieces cut from sheets, scraps and old flannel shirts are definitely fine!

For those of you who are willing to send in return for an SASE, please email me with your address.
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  8:15:28 PM  Show Profile
Please send me an e-mail with your addy, if you need more flannel.

What pattern are you making ??
Any pics ??

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  01:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Teresa...I will be sending you 1 yard of blue and 1 yard of red in today's mail.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  2:26:41 PM  Show Profile
Julie,

I received your package! Thanks for the fabric. What kind of fabric would you like in return? Or would you like a little surprise box?

Thanks,
Teresa
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  2:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
how about a surprise box...how exciting!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  5:25:19 PM  Show Profile
Theresa, forgive me. I've checked out for a little while. Are you still in need of fabric. I have wonderful flannel sheets that I would LOVE to cut up and send your way. Let me know dimensions and they are yours!! cheers to you! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  4:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Teresa... I just received your package today. You are too generous! I just love the surprise package you sent me. I already have a project in mind for the fabric. Just let me know if you need more of the same fabric. I, too, am curious to see the finished product.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Seeking plaid flannel fabric Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page