Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'm back! and other exciting tales..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm back! and other exciting tales.. Next Topic  

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  1:49:33 PM  Show Profile
Howdy, folks!

Me, The Man and the kids just got back yesterday from a big long to do up in Oregon. We decided to go up rather unexpectedly, when my dad started having some symptoms of a heart attack. (He's fine.) Got to spend 10 days at "HOME" and now we're back in the desert and very homesick. :(

We thought we'd be moving back up there around now, but The Man has decided to reenlist in the Marine Corps, so we'll here for four more sunny years. (Jenny and Patricia--sorry I didn't get the chance to tell you... hope I didn't mess up any plans while you were waiting on us.) We're all pretty disapointed about not going home, but the Corps has been good to us, and now we have a small down payment for our home in a few years.

The good news is that the market at home has just topped out, and is adjusting back to normal (dang Californians messing around in our little villiage.. sheesh.. ) so in a couple years we'll be able to AFFORD to live there again.

The other good news is that Erik's new unit with the Corps is cushy. :) No deployments, no nonsense.

I've missed you all,
Annie

Bramblestitches Store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
My blog: http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  2:20:00 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Annie..I am so glad to hear you are okay!! Have to admit..Auntie was a little worried about you guys!!
I am sure glad to hear that your dad is okay too..that is scary!! He has been through enough!!
It is wonderful that you got to rush up there!!
I am glad you are back...we all missed you alot!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  2:40:07 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Patricia was worried about you all too, but glad to hear everything's OK. Sorry you won't be going home as soon as you expected but things tend to work out for the best. I'm sure we'll get to meet you one of these days.

Welcome back!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm back! and other exciting tales.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page