CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  1:27:03 PM  Show Profile
books out to read? I am getting them out and enjoying them all over a gain! I love them all from the Ideals Country Christmas with poems and stories to the Farm Country Christmas. I got that one at Tractor Supply, also I got Good Old Days Christmas Memories there too. I have them out a long with my Tasha Tudor's Forever Christmas. I have so many I ususally end up reading them well into the new year. They are just so wonderful to read. They make you feel good inside!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  3:40:28 PM  Show Profile
I do love my Christmas books! My mom & I were just talking about them today. I will get them out soon and share the titles of mine with you. I remember one of them was put together by Caroline Kennedy; a beautiful collection of poems, scripturs & short stories.
They have been part of my personal Christmas tradition for a number of years.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  06:59:41 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie I would love to hear about that book. I don't think I have seen that one. I just love to hear what other people are reading. Then it gives me some good ideas too. I look forward to you sharing yours with me.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

OKCookee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Chris
Oklahoma OK
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  07:40:51 AM  Show Profile
I save all my Christmas magazines and look at them year after year. My favorite Christmas book is J.R.R. Tolkien's "Father Christmas Letters. There are several different publications available, some more for children. It is a collection of letters he wrote to his children each Christmas as Father Christmas. He always added wonderful illustrations, hand drawn stamps and envelopes. It is a wonderful collection, each year telling the exploits of his helpers in such a delightful way.

Chris

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".
Matthew 11:28

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  08:05:37 AM  Show Profile
I collect lots of Christmas books and cd's too. Love to look and listen and get in the spirit. I think I might buy Mike Huckabee's new book "A Simple Christmas". It sounds like stories I would like to read. I really like Richard Paul Evans too. Tasha Tudor was fascinating. I have loved her books and art for a very long time. I have all of my Victoria Christmas books and magazines too that bring me a quiet joy.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  2:33:58 PM  Show Profile
My favorite annual read is Rosamunde Pilcher's "Winter Solstice". It's about several people who are at stages where they would rather not deal with the traditional concept of Christmas. Pilcher manages to keep the story from being overly sad or sweet, but very satisfying.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  2:36:52 PM  Show Profile
Chris, I save my Christmas magazines too. I love to look at the ones from years ago. Peapicker,I haven't seen the new book "A Simple Christmas". I will keep my eue out for it, that sounds right up my alley.I love Tasha also, what a facinating lady she was. There was one woman who lead her life exactly how she wanted. God love her she was such an inspiration to so many.

MJ

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  7:39:14 PM  Show Profile
Mine are in the attic in the middle of a renovation. I will dig them out after Thanksgiving, and can't wait. I always set them on the coffee table, but I have accumulated so many I think I will get a big basket to put them in and place it by the Christmas tree. The other day I bought this years addition- The True Saint Nicholas, Why He Matters To Christmas by William Bennett. I am looking forward to reading it. I want to get the Tasha Tudor Christmas books. I love her stuff.
I save my Christmas mags too. This thread is making me more antsy for Christmas time.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  07:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Julia I know what you mean, the more I read the things other people are reading the more I am digging into my stash! It's so nice to see what everyone else is reading, it gives me ideas on what to add to my collection. I just love the warmth and that feel good feelings you get form these books. It really is a big part of my Christmas traditions just for me. When the kids and grandkids were little we read all the time too, So the books are really a big part of my Christmas celebration!

MJ

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Anyone getting their Christmas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page